Broken

Hey everyone, this story is a somewhat sad, not all fluffy like the ones I usually write so, be aware.
Love youuu.

Cedric went pale as he stared at you seemingly concerned. You noticed something in his expression. Fear.

"Who, who told you that??"

"Is it true then?" You asked carefully.

He didn't answer, he kept looking at you. His eyes calmed, yet worried, lips parted. Your heart skipped a beat, because deep down you've seen that face before. You knew what it meant.

"I-" Cedric's eyes wondered the room trying to avoid your sight. He's hands began shaking so he pressed it towards his eyes to calm himself down.

"Ced..." You began talking but he had already turned around and was now walking towards the window that opened to the garden. It was raining calmly, like it was the day you two had met.

The daylight expanded through his features, iluminating him. Cedric's right hand was wrapped in a fist laying on the edge of the window aside of his cheek.

"What you've heard its true..." Cedric said. He then slowly turned his face to look at you once again. His face was flustered and his eyes humid. Those precious scarlett lips of his were trembling.
"I slept with her..."

You let out a sigh, defeated. You looked into his eyes as a single tear fell down your cheek. You would be lying to yourself if you said you haven't had it coming.

"Y/n, please..." He began talking but you looked away, cutting his words like a knife that slashed his throat.

"I felt it, deep down I knew" You said as your eyes met his again. You raised your hand slowly and erased that cold line that remained on your cheek.

"You knew?" Cedric asked almost in a whisper as he walked towards you. Those grey eyes stared at yours, he's features were soft pink and his eyelids tired from tearing up.

"I knew it from the moment you stepped into this room..." You confessed.

He standed close to you. You flinched as the warmth of his body reached to you, as it filled the atmosphere. He grabbed your hand and brought it to his lips were he placed a kiss. You felt yourself tear up again.

"It was a mistake love" He apologized as he rubbed his thumb around your hand. "I wasn't thinking, if I could I'd blame it on the alcohol but I was plain concious that night".

He looked down at your hands interwined. "I love you" He said in tears as he looked into your eyes once more.

"Ced... I" You mumbled as you placed your hand on his cheek, drying his tears away with your fingers ever so softly.

"I forgive you..." You said looking into his eyes. You furred your eyebrows when you deepen into his gaze. "But I can't say I love you anymore"

Cedric felt hurt, you could see it in his eyes. But with great bravery he smiled softly and carefully pulled you into a hug.

When he pulled away you looked into his eyes and smiled. You walked past him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. As you reached the door you looked back and saw him looking at the wall. His tie was loose, lips parted as he let out a sigh.

You took a deep breath and closed the door, leaving the room behind. Those jokes, those laughs, those feelings were left past you as you stared into the warm rain outside the castle. He wasn't the boy you used to love, not anymore.