chapter 20.5

In the dimly lit dungeon, Rok Soo's sigh echoed softly against the damp walls. He yearned for a simple, carefree life—a life far removed from the chaos and uncertainty that now enveloped him. But fate seemed determined to deny him that luxury.

Suddenly, the heavy silence was shattered by the sound of footsteps approaching his cell. Rok Soo's heart leaped in his chest as he turned to see a figure standing in the doorway. It was a man of advanced years, his face lined with the marks of time.

"Who are you?" Rok Soo demanded, his voice tinged with suspicion.

The elderly man stepped forward, his movements deliberate and measured. "I am lord Fredo's butler," he replied calmly. "he sent me to help you."

Rok Soo recoiled in shock. Fredo's butler—a servant of that creepy vampire duke?  It seemed too good to be true.

"I don't need your help," Rok Soo protested, his voice tinged with defiance. "I can get out of here on my own."

But the butler merely shook his head, his expression unwavering. "You're in over your head, my boy," he said gently. "Let me help you."

Seeing the gentle tone, Rok Soo nodded, realizing that he had little choice in the matter. With a sense of resignation, he allowed the butler to unlock the door to his cell and lead him out into the cool night air.

As they made their way through the labyrinthine corridors of the dungeon, Rok Soo couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at him from within. What did the butler want from him? And why had he chosen to intervene now, of all times?

" What do you need?"

the other man didn't say anything and continued to move forward.

Finally, they emerged into the moonlit courtyard, where a carriage awaited them. 

"Why don't use teleportation?"

Tsk "Stupid young lad, that white star has mages in his castle, they could easily detect the use of mana." for a low-level servant to show such disrespect for his other self-who was an ancient being and a king, rok soo was quite shocked.

As Rok Soo processed the servant's disrespectful words towards his other self, he felt a knot form in his stomach. It was jarring to hear such disregard for the ancient being and king he was supposed to become. The mere idea that his other self-commanded such reverence and fear among his subjects was difficult for Rok Soo to comprehend, especially considering his own humble beginnings.

However, what troubled him even more was the implications of Fredo's involvement. If Fredo harbored animosity towards his other self, what did that mean for Rok Soo's own safety and well-being?

Inside the carriage, Rok Soo's thoughts were a whirlwind of confusion and apprehension. The butler's presence beside him offered some measure of reassurance.

When they arrived at Fredo's mansion, the butler guided Rok Soo through the grand corridors with an air of quiet authority. As they reached Fredo's chambers, the butler left Rok Soo alone, his departure leaving Rok Soo feeling vulnerable and exposed.

Alone in the presence of Fredo, Rok Soo felt a chill run down his spine. The air in the room seemed to crackle with tension as Fredo regarded him with a piercing gaze.

" Its nice to meet you again, Kim Rok Soo."

_______________

Sorry i wasn't able to post!!! My new session had started so i busy also my grandmother's health hasn't been the best.