First Day

Bold - Japanese Regular - English

Bold - Japanese
Regular - English

It had been around a week since Hikaru had arrived in California and moved in with the Ishii-Peter family. Everything was going decently well for Hikaru so far. Yuki and Fred were nice host parents. Hikaru could admit that she liked talking to Yuki very much.

Shuji was pretty chill, they didn't really talk that much aside from a few sentences. Overall, they acted neutral towards each other.

Maya on the other hand...well Hikaru could tolerate her for the most part. At face front she was okay, however, Hikaru would often catch Maya staring at her when she guessed Maya thought she wouldn't notice. It wasn't just like normal staring either, it was as if Maya was annoyed or upset every time she saw her. Despite it bothering Hikaru a lot, she wasn't the confrontational type and would let it go. That didn't mean she wouldn't snap back at Maya if the situation escalated any further.

Sylvie was cool to be around, way better than Maya. Sometimes she couldn't believe the two were actually twin sisters.

Anyways, everyone was busy getting ready for the first day of school tomorrow. Hikaru hated to admit it, but she was nervous as hell for her first day.

I mean this isn't just like starting at a new school. This is starting a new school in a whole different continent.

Sylvie spent most of the day reassuring Hikaru that everything will turn out just fine. She even offered for her to sit with her group of friends at lunch.

"My friends, Miranda, Charney, and Stevie, probably wouldn't mind if you hanged out with us. You're pretty chill, I'm sure they will like you."

"Thanks Sylvie, I really appreciate the offer."

Hikaru watched as Sylvie pulled out a yearbook from the back of her shelf.

"Here, I'll show you their pictures. That way you know what they look like."

Sylvie started flipping through the pages and showed Hikaru what her friends looked like.

"They're all really pretty and look nice," Hikaru said.

Sylvie was still going through the yearbook when she stopped at a page. Hikaru could hear her sigh and look dreamily at the page.

"Omg, who are you looking at? Is it a crush?"

"What? I'm not looking at anybody, what gave you that implication?"

"Dude, you're practically drooling over that yearbook page. You definitely have a crush on somebody."

Sylvie was blushing at this point under Hikaru's gaze. After a bit more back and forth, she relented.