Chapter 2 🎨

At Violet's biting words, Eileen flinched. Just because her anger hadn't been provoked didn't mean that Violet would hold back on what she had to say.

Meanwhile, the young man next to her, Roen, had a constant smile on his face, his expression unreadable. It was impossible to discern what was going through his mind. Roen was the second son of the Everett Duchy.

Glancing briefly at Roen, Eileen couldn't hold back her tears.

"What are you saying, Sister! It's natural for me to worry about you because we're family. Even though you don't like me..."

"If you knew I wouldn't want you here, then you shouldn't have come. I already have a headache, and it's only going to get worse because of you."

"Eileen came here to see you because she was worried about you. Why are you being so cold?"

Right. A smile appeared on Violet's lips at Roen's sudden interruption. She had been wondering why the two of them had come together, but now she understood.

"No, Brother, I'm fine," Eileen said. "Even if Sister says that..."

The delicate girl looked hurt, and it seemed like tears could fall at any moment as she tried to dissuade her older brother. There was no indication that it was merely a short performance.

Watching them, one would wonder who the true blood-related siblings were. Violet snorted and could be seen smiling slightly.

"It's becoming a problem that you're so forgiving. Violet, you should know how to be more careful, but you're always throwing such sharp words."

"If you didn't want to get hurt, then you shouldn't have come here. Why should I welcome you?"

"Even when you say that, you're unusually meek, aren't you?"

"I almost died, didn't I? Stop."

"Yes, sure, your way of speaking is still the same."

"Do you think a person can change in an instant?"

Roen chuckled sarcastically as he noticed the sly way Violet changed her words and attitude, switching between formal and informal. The only one here who seemed on edge for no apparent reason was Eileen.

Unable to bear just standing by as the real siblings conversed, Eileen tried to dissuade Roen once again.

"I really am fine, Brother. I know that Sister hates me because I'm not good enough... Hic, I, I really want to be close to Sister, but..."

"It's alright, Eileen. It's not your fault. Never mind, Violet seems to still be in a terrible mood today, so let's just go back," Roen said, trying to console his sister.

Unbeknownst to them, Violet silently watched as they walked away and quietly raised a middle finger in their direction.

Roen and Eileen had already turned their backs to her, so they didn't see the vulgar gesture made by the eldest daughter of the ducal household.

Once all the uninvited guests had finally left, the surroundings grew quiet.

Violet finally had some peace and quiet. She quickly lay back down on her bed, fearing that someone else might come to disturb her.

Having already dealt with Mikhail, Roen, and Eileen, she felt more exhausted than ever.

She was grateful that her younger brother, Cairn, was currently at the academy.

Violet, or rather, Yeon Ha-yoon, was finally left to her own world, and she closed her eyes with a sense of contentment.

Violet S. Everett, the eldest daughter of the Everett Duchy, a household with a long history.

The nicknames she had been given were not just empty words. The most wicked villainess of all time. The green-eyed monster eternally jealous of her sister. Everett's evil witch with an ice-cold heart.

It was a wonder how she had acquired such titles. However, Violet, or Yeon Ha-yoon, did not deny the labels that had been placed upon her.

Out of the blue, she suddenly remembered her previous life.

To have remembered her previous life after falling into a lake and having a near-death experience, it seemed ridiculously contrived.

Even novels wouldn't be this predictable, Violet inwardly complained.

Perhaps to clarify her situation, she hadn't transmigrated. If she were to categorize it, she would say that she had reincarnated. She remained true to her identity as Violet, the person she had lived as for nineteen years. It just so happened that she now recalled the memories of her previous life. Because of that, she felt no disconnect from her current self.

She had lived her previous life, unfortunately, and now she was reborn, somehow retaining the memories of her past.

If one were to define Yeon Ha-yoon's life, it would be with one word: pathetic. As for Violet's life, it would be: harsh.

She was born into a ducal household with a long history. With two older brothers and one younger brother, she was the cherished daughter, raised like the most precious jewel in the world.

However, Violet's life was incredibly harsh.

It was during the spring of her eighth year that her life took a turn for the worse-when Eileen, Violet's younger cousin, entered the Everett family as a ducal princess and interfered.