Episode 2

[Star-Crossed][Season 1 Episode 2]

[Star-Crossed]
[Season 1 Episode 2]

The Bird Scene

*****

Do you know how awesome it felt to pull into school without your sister driving you? Well, Y/n knows that feeling since he was busy unfastening the strap to his helmet as he kicked the side stand out of his new bike, courtesy of his Aunt of course...

Y/n walked through the school, greeting a few of the students as he made his way towards his locker, hearing a few voices whispering about the same things he heard before...

Y/n placed his helmet on the top of his locker before taking the bag off his back and dropping it next to him. He then took his leather jacket off and threw it over his helmet before readjusting his black top that hugged his frame, a familiar black piece of material on his forearm as he unzipped his back and pulled out some tubes of paint and a few paint brushes.

Y/n spent the next few minutes painting across his blank locker until it seemed to fit in with the rest of the lockers around it with some abstract art. "There we go," Y/n muttered as he casually dumped everything back into his bag, not caring about the paint on the brushes.

"Aren't you the artsy type," A voice called out from behind the Vega.

"Oi, ain't there a little kid somewhere waiting for your special brand of kindness?" Y/n asked as he looked over his shoulder at the familiar brunette.

"Do all of you have this attitude?"

"Perhaps but tell me... Beck still got a smudge of my sister's lippy on his gob?" Y/n turned and faced Jade as he questioned her.

"You think you're someone special?" Jade questioned sarcastically and Y/n responded with a smirk and a shrug. "I've seen the so-called talent that came from your school and I wouldn't be so proud of myself if I were you," She added with a smirk.

"Yeah, maybe... Or maybe you're just scraping the barrel for something to feel good about, eh?" Y/n fired back as he leaned against one of the lockers next to his, his arms crossed as he smirked. "Yeah, I'd totally buy that as your reason for hooking up with Beck Oliver... Especially after the show he put on yesterday..."

"You don't know anything about this school..." Jade spat as she glared at Y/n.

"I've learned enough," Y/n chuckled as he carefully opened his locker and threw the bag into it, shutting it and walking away from the angry brunette.

A few days had gone by with Y/n mostly getting to know more students and settling in with his classes, not that the last part was that hard. "Hello," Y/n muttered as he answered his phone.

"Well, well, if it ain't Mr. Vega," a voice drawled from the other end, followed by a low chuckle. "How's the new digs treatin' ya?"

"It's a load of rubbish," Y/n grumbled, pausing to lean against a locker, the noise from his next class annoying him. "All this hype about being the top arts school, what a joke," he muttered, shaking his head in frustration.