( 02 ) ﹒ ⠀ 🤍⠀ ⠀ ⠀ " new friend. "

. .       .

Once the first break started, Luffy immediately ran out of his classroom and went straight for the cafeteria where they were selling breakfast for the ones who hadn't ate.

It was like he was on the brink of starvation from how fast he pushed through a crowd just for some morning pizza.

Luffy didn't have the time to head to his table, he was busy trying to be the first one in the line.

  Luffy is the only one you'd recognize in the cafeteria during break or lunch hours. He's there everyday, even if he brings his own lunch.

Fast metabolism does him wonders.

.   .

Luffy dropped his tray of food down on the table where he was greeted by his friends.

He had a simple grin on his face when he saw everyone speaking to each other.

"Hi luffy!" Chopper called out happily. A small smile on his face as well when he spoke.    Luffy greeted them all and began to eat the food he ordered.

Sanji furrowed his brows and grumbled. "How can you even eat that?  This school sells nothing but nasty gunk. I bet if I was a cook here, everyone would love me!" He rambled on.   And by everyone he meant the girls.

"Food is food.. to me atleast, I don't see a problem with the school's breakfast's and lunch."

He spoke with a stuffed mouth. He wasn't proper anywhere, even when he was at an expensive restaurant— Luffy would still end up eating messy.  And many told him not to do that, yet he never got the memo. Luffy was like a child who hated to be clean.  Everytime he ate, some type of crumb ended up on the people near him.

While he was consuming the meal, someone beside him called out.

"Luffy," Nami spoke, her voice came out in a confused tone.

Luffy looked over and hummed in response, not being able to speak with how much he's chewing.

Nami was one of Luffy's favorite friends— she was the first to ever speak to him, she didn't care how hyper fixated he was or how obnoxious he was, she stuck with him since elementary.   It was hard at the end of elementary school. Because while she was a year older, she had to leave elementary while he was in the 5th grade. Which made him feel alone till he was able to get to the 6th grade.

Nami gave Luffy comfort— she was like a sister to him. She stole his money at times but he didn't really care about that.

The same goes for the others though Luffy loves all of his friends dearly and they love him back as equally. And he would do anything to keep it that way.

  "Why did you show up to class late? Chopper said you came running through." Nami questioned him.

Luffy had forgotten about that for a moment, even if it was an hour ago he was never really good at remembering. Plus, he was focused on eating.

He thought for a moment. Trying to recall everything that happened from this early morning.

"Oh- yeah.. I bumped into this guy."