PART-3 : RIO vs DIVINE BEAST

"so Mortals,now lets move on to more serious stuffs shall we?" the entity said with a slightly excited tone."Serious? stuffs" asked celia "yep serious..now" and the scene started playing

It happened just as Rio flew out of Ericaburg with Aria in his arms. He had spotted Aishia and Liselotte hiding behind a boulder in the wasteland south of the capital, when- "What?!" Rio felt a bizarre rise in magic essence from behind him. He turned back to face the capital in a panic. "What...is that...?" "Wha..." Rio and Aria were both rendered speechless. "..." The two on the ground could see it as well; Liselotte was cowering with bated breath, and Aishia was glaring at it with a grim expression. They were all staring at a four-legged beast that stood so tall it made the enormous black wyvern Rio had once fought seem small in comparison. In a space of a hundred meters in diameter, particles of light were gathering to form a shape like a materializing spirit. It wasn't exactly the same, but its form resembled a rugged, ferocious fighting bull. Most of its exterior was covered in a rocklike surface, and three twisting, snake-headed tails extended from its rear. It was a creature beyond this world-a mythical beast.

"Uh," since the majority of the caste had already witnessed the Divine Beast's power during the incident in Duke Gregory's territory, they were not that surprised. But still, the beast's mere sight sent a chill down everyone's spine.

"Oh God, I see. They have made them serve humans as enslaved spirits, huh?" Lina muttered, with a slightly nervous face. I can't even imagine the amount of fury the Great Spirit must be feeling. Though I wonder, will I ever be able to prove my innocence?

Meanwhile, many people who hadn't seen the Divine Beast in person before, like Cedric, Juliana, Masato, Hiroaki, and others, were utterly flabbergasted.

"W-ww-what is that thing?!" Hiroaki asked, utterly shaken to the core. He was already seriously doubting himself, seeing how useless he was against the golems. But now, seeing the Divine Beast, his confidence level was almost non-existent. W-w-wait a minute, Haruto is still alive, and so is Liselotte and that maid. So, you're telling me that bastard won against this beast too? Is that even possible!

On the other hand, Liliana too was shaken to the core, seeing the beast's otherworldly appearance. "How can a being like that even exist... Is it perhaps a Hero's power?" Either way, that being, I feel like even if all of mankind were to attack it at the same time, we wouldn't be able to make a scratch on that thing.

"O-oh Cedric," Juliana muttered, as she subconsciously clinging her husband in fear. "Don't worry, dear, it's just the past. But to think Liselotte was in such danger."

"Rio-sama, that is?!" Sora exclaimed, as she too had never seen a being like that in her life. Rio spoke up with an uneasy face, "I told you didn't I, the Six Wise Gods who sealed the Great Spirit; it looks like they have forced a spirit pact between the Heroes and the Spirits. And somehow, the Heroes are able to summon the assimilated spirits as their servants."

"T-that's horrible. What were they even thinking, to do something like this?" Sora muttered. She couldn't even begin to comprehend how a transcendent being like the Great Spirits were forced to become enslaved. That thought alone made her tremble with fear.

Once the four-legged beast materialized in the air, it remained floating and stared down Rio and Aria from a kilometer away. Its eyes were filled with a hatred that couldn't be described as mere rage. "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" An intense roar of fury shook the air across the nation.

"Guh..." Everyone in front of the screen covered their ears as the roar was so loud it literally shocked the screen.

"What fury, that guy spells bad news," Hiroaki muttered. Meanwhile, some others, like Michael, Ricardo, Liselotte's brother, and some of Liselotte's maids, straight up dropped to the floor. Their legs gave out completely, and their hearts felt as though a hand was grasping it tightly, refusing to let them breathe.