2

sekaiyah kamali banks
Harlem, new york

I sat in my room with my curtains closed and my lights off.

I had my airpods in and i was listening to 'expedite this letter' by lil durk while scrolling through pinterest.

"Damn bitch you a vampire or sum" ej said bursting into my room.

"Boy dont be barging in my room like that, anyway what you said" i spoke taking out my airpod.

"I saidddd is you a vampire" he repeated.

"Yes, now get out" i said.

"Unt unt, come to the park with me" he opened the lights.

"Go with your friends"

"Just come kaiyahhh"

"Man ight" i got up putting on my nike slides.

I was wearing basketball shorts with a tank top and i wasnt planning on doing anything interesting anyway.

We told our grandma that we was finna leave before leaving out the door.

We walked a few minutes before making it to the park where everybody be at.

"Aye, im finna go play basketball wit gio nem" ej said before running off to the court.

"Damn, lil nigga brought me here just to leave me alone" i mumbled to myself before going to sit on one of the benches.

I was scrolling on my phone for a lil bit before i started hearing loud voices.

I looked up and saw india and her 2 friends laughing it up and whatever.

India and i used to be bestfriends but we randomly stopped being friends.

For me personally i dont have a problem with her and i hope its the same for her.

"Aye ma, whats your name" a tall lightskin walked up to me.

"Sekaiyah, yours?" i responded.

"Im deon,Why you here by yo self?"

"Im not, my lil brother over there playing basketball" i spoke.

"Oh aight, how old you is?" he asked.

"17" i answered.

"Oh you a baby, im 19" he chuckled.

"You only 2 years older but aight" i chuckled.

"Lemme get yo digits" he licked his lips.

Ion fuck wit lightskins, AT ALL.

"Nah im good" i shrugged.

"Damn its like that, yo instagram?"

"Hmm, aight" he gave me his phone and i typed in my instagram before following myself.

"Ima hit you later" he nodded before walking over to india and her friends.

He dapped up india and the other girl before hugging the other one with ugly long orange braids.

"Deon i should beat your and her ass cause what you being a hoe fa" i could hear her say.

Was almost finna say sum but i just decided to stay seated.

"Girl what you mean, i cant make friends na?" deon spoke.

"Boy hush, you lucky she india lil friend or whatever otherwise i wouldve beat her ass and i pu that on tremani"

Now that shit just mad cause first she talking about some she wouldve beat my ass, now shes putting shit on my fucking brother?

"Girl i dont fuck with her, fuck that bitch" india said and thats all i needed to hear before i walked over to them.

"Fuck yall over here talking shit for" i walked over to them and they immediately went quite.

"Hmm?" i added waiting for a response.

"We wasnt talking sh- i was"  one girl said said before the other one with orange braids cut her off.

I kinda wanted to laugh because yess stand on it😛.

"Aight repeat what you said" i crossed my arms.

"I just said ill beat yo- nah baby after that" i cut her off.

She went quite and started scratching her neck.

I just rolled my eyes and sent a punch directly to her face.

We started fighting and i immediately got her on the ground, i could hear a group forming around us and a lot of people yelling.

I continued punching her and she tried getting some hits in but she missed almost all of them so she just tried kicking me with her legs, which also didnt work.

"Dont even try and jump in, let them fight fair" i heard someone say.

"Come on kaiyah" i heard ej.

"Aight aight thats enough" i heard someone say trying to get me off her.

I kicked her a few times in the face before that same person carried me away.

"Get the fuck off me" i started moving round.

"Calm down girl"

He walked us away from the situation before putting me down.

"What the fuck was that about" deon asked.

"Stop fucking talking to me, real shit" i said before walking off.

"What did you fight her for" ej ran towards me.

"She was putting shit on tremani and talking bout sum she'll beat my ass, and india gone say fuck me but we were literally cool before, we didnt fall out over something we just grew apart so that shit hurt a lil" i spoke walking down the street.

"Man fuck all of them, who that nigga was though, bet not be yo boyfriend, you too damn young?" he asked.

"Boy im the older sibling not you" i straight faced him.

"And i never gave a fuck" he mugged me and i just rolled my eyes.

"Aye, im finna go back to the park though, you gone go home?" ej asked.

"Yeah" i said and he nodded before running back to the park.

I walked a little bit longer before i heard my name being called out from behind me.

I turned around seeing davina walking towards me with a smile on her face.

"Hey" i smiled.

"Heyyy, what you doing out here" she said while we walked side by side.

"I was just at the park with my lil brother but im on the way home now" i said

"Oh alright, you saw somebody just beat klarissa ass at the park" she laughed but i stood there with a straight face.

"Who is klarissa?" i questioned.

"She has them ugly ass long orange braids" she explained.

"Oh her, yeah baby that was me" i spoke.

"Ohhh thats why yo knuckles bloody, damn you did her bad, shit somebody had to beat ha ass and if it wasnt you, it wouldve been me" davina laughed and i laughed along with her.

I stopped walking since i had now made it to my building.

"Im finna go though" i said.

"Okay, see you at school or whatever" she gave me a hug before walking off.