CHAPTER 1: CLOSED DOORS, OPEN WINDOWS

If this is true, I would be really hitting two birds with one stone!

Hindi ko mapigilan ang ngiti sa labi ko matapos ko umuwi mula sa café. Bago kami maghiwalay, kinuha ni Zachary ang aking contact details upang maproseso ang pag-enroll ko sa Bellatrix Irregulars.

Apparently, if you are scouted, you don’t need  to submit much documents to their admin, kusa na nilang ipo-process iyon sa iskwelahan. Given that Bellatrix Irregulars are annexed by the Bellatrix High, I have no doubt na mabilis nilang mapoproseso ang aking papeles.

Pagulong-gulong ako ngayon sa higaan habang nakangiti. I never knew that the Bellatrix Irregulars my brother joined before has this kind of subsidy benefit! Ang tanging alam ko lang kasi mula sa organization na ito is that it was suddenly dissolved more than five years ago. I only heard the news on the papers, but it was definitely loud.

Mabilis kong kinuha ang aking smartphone na nakapatong sa bedside table. Mabilis akong nag-type sa message box. Time to spread the good news! If I tell my brother that I would be attending the same electives as he did, I’m pretty much sure that father would be delighted as well. I would definitely have my allowance back!

The only thing I needed to do was to play detectives. After that, I can pursue my goals.

As far as I know, to graduate as an outstanding scholar in Bellatrix High would grant you a free college scholarship grant should you still enroll in Bellatrix University. Hinding-hindi ko papalagpasin ang ganitong opportunity! If my parents don’t want to send me to a pre-med course, I will sustain myself and go to college. I won’t let anyone get in the way of achieving my dreams.

During the weekends after the incident in the coffee shop, itinuon ko ang oras ko sa pagre-research tungkol sa Bellatrix Irregulars. I couldn’t find much on the browser internet, but our campus website provided pretty much the details I needed to grasp the infamous organization.

From the information I got online, the Bellatrix Irregulars is an academic institution that teaches another set of subjects under an entirely different curriculum than the regular classes. These electives they offer were particular to the line of interests of the students and can be considered to be the irregular strands.

Apparently, most of the students here in senior high are not part of the Bellatrix Irregulars’ Electives Scholarship. “Bukod kasi sa limitadong slots, the BIES only qualifies students with accredited endorsements and those who topped the Bellatrix Entrance Exam. Upang makapag-enroll naman, a student needs a recommendation letter either from the faculty, influential people, or alumnus of the academe,”

My mouth formed an “o” at the explanation of Zachary. He was filling me with details that I had missed from my research over the weekends. Naglalakad kami ngayon sa school quadrangle. Saktong seven o’clock at kasisimula pa lang ng opening program para sa second semester. Our agenda for today is a campus tour: not on Bellatrix High, but on the premises of the renowned Bellatrix Irregulars.