2

I want you guys to know, this story doesn't really follow any of the real events in their lives like I do in my other stories

I want you guys to know, this story doesn't really follow any of the real events in their lives like I do in my other stories. A lot of events are thrown around to follow the concept 🥴.

Kelly | Los Angeles, California

"Tim, I can't do this shit anymore! I'm tired of the lying, the cheating, and the abusing. I thought having Titan would make you more at ease and help you but it seems like it just got worse—I'm not letting you do my son how you do me!"

Flashing. Screaming. Crying. Yelling. Red and Blue. Pain.

"Fuck!" I sighed, jumping up from my dream. Or nightmare. Well, also a memory. I turned my head to look at my digital clock. 5:15 am. Well, I slept a bit longer than usual and this...memory wasn't that long and traumatizing. I guess I can get up now and get myself and Titan ready for the day.

I got out of my bed and made it to my en suite. I did my business and washed my hair and brushed my teeth before taking my braids out from my bonnet. I let my hair fall as I slid my robe on and made my way down the hall to my son's room.

Ever since the divorce from Tim, Titan has spent almost every night in my bed. We've only been divorced for maybe six months but in that short time, I felt more confined than free from his grasp. I didn't know what it was. I've tried to do something's for myself and time to keep ourselves more happy but nothing has been helping.

For me that is.

Walking into my little boys room, he was still knocked out cold with his mouth wide open and his leg hanging off one side of the bed. I chuckled softly when seeing his little face before moving towards his drawers to grab some clothes. When that was all settled, I moved towards his sleeping form and ran my finger against his cheek.

"Wake up baby boy" I told him softly. He stirred in his spot at my voice and eventually opened his eyes. "Hi baby" I told him softly and he rubbed his eyes with his knuckles before reaching out for me. I chuckled softly and scooped him into my arms, holding his head against my chest and kissing his head. "Mama" Titan said tiredly.

I walked us to the bathroom so that he could use the potty and helped him wash his face and teeth. When he was done, I put him on the floor to let him run out.

"Work today, mommy?" Titan asked as I helped him remove his clothes to help him get dressed. "Yeah baby, Mommy has work today. You're going to Grandma's house with Blue and Julez" I told him as I pulled his own pants up and I helped button his shirt. He ran to his little sock drawer to pick something he felt matches before grabbing his shoes. "What do you want for breakfast, baby?" I asked him when I hoisted him in my arms. "Fluffy" he said as we walked down the steps.

I chuckled and nodded, "pancakes it is" I told him. I let him on the ground and let him run to the toys he had situated in the living room. I made a bee line towards the kitchen and took the Aunt Jemima pancake mix from the cabinet since I didn't feel like making it from scratch.