chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE

Being in Kol Mikaelson's presence felt like a warm hug. In the mere day that I had known him, he lad treated me with more care  and kindness than anyone else I have ever known.

I awoke the next day with a smile on my face and a tortoise climbing on top of me. It seemed that Sidney was quite the escape artist.

The bed was so incredibly comfortable and I wanted to bury myself in its cosiness. For years I had forgone comfort in favour of cheap accommodations but now that I have slept in such an incredible bed, I fear I'll never be able to go back.

I stretched briefly before collapsing into the warmth of my covers as Sidney continued to walk on me. She wasn't very heavy and I found it rather cute so I let her continue, thinking everything would be fine. Everything was fine until her foot met my chest and she put her entire body weight on my right boob.

I let out a sharp cry and hastily moved her off of me when the door burst open and a sleep ruffled Kol appeared in the doorway, his eyes wide.

"Kresley, are you alright?" He said urgently. He took in the scene of me holding his pet tortoise and his body visibly relaxed, "Did Sidney escape her pen again?"

Placing Sidney on the bed, I became very aware that I was only wearing my sleep shirt and nothing else. My cheeks flamed red as I patted at my messy hair, trying to make myself more presentable.

"Um, yeah." I stuttered.

"I heard a scream, did she startle you or something?" Kol asked, narrowing his eyes at Sidney. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn that Sidney narrowed her eyes back at him.

"No, well, she was climbing on me when I woke up and she stood on my boob, hence the scream." I chuckled nervously as Kol raised his eyebrows.

"Is your boob alright?" He asked slowly and his eyes darted around the room in discomfort.

"Yes it's absolutely fine, usually it wouldn't have hurt in the first place but my boobs are really sensitive at the moment because it's nearly that time of the month," I rambled, my face turning a deep crimson when I realised what I said, "And you really didn't need to know that, I'm sorry, I totally just over shared! I am not very smart in the morning."

Kol's face was nearly as red as mine.

"It's fine, don't worry," Kol said with a nervous smile, "You're my mate, you are welcome to talk to me about your, err, sensitive boobs and your monthly cycles."

"Thank you?" I squeaked, collapsing onto the bed once more and holding a pillow over my face to hide my embarrassment.

I heard footsteps before the pillow was gently pulled out of my grasp and Kol was peering down at me with an amused smile.

"You have no reason to be embarrassed." He reassured me as I looked up at him.

"You're embarrassed." I pointed out.

"Yes, but neither of us should be embarrassed." He replied with a grin.

"That's easier said than done!" I grinned back at him.

We remained in comfortable silence for a few beautiful seconds as we simply watched each other.

"I'll leave you to get dressed and then you can meet me in the back garden." Kol said, breaking the silence.

"Why?" I frowned.

"It's time for your first lesson."

***