𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

read, vote, comment and enjoy!

***

I was in History. Everyone was awake this time. Mainly because Mr. Giovanni was going to assign us our project partners. I didn't really care who my partner was as long as it wasn't a boy, no offense meant, but it was just how I was. But also, I knew how my brothers would react.

Irene was paired with two other girls and a boy. I felt sorry for him, he was the only boy in the group. But Irene was friendly, so maybe he wasn't too bad off.

"Emmaline, James, Milo and Nicholas."

Fuck. We were going to die.

I caught James's eye, who waved his hand in the air, yelling, "Emmaline! Over here!"

Others turned around, making me curse under my breath, but thankfully Milo slapped James over the head.

"Hi," Nicholas gave a friendly smile. "I'm Nicholas, just call me Nico."

"I'm Milo." He waved. "And this idiot is James."

"Why'd you slap me?" James whined.

"Because you were embarrassing Emmaline. Now shut up."

My brothers were going to kill James for sure, I knew that.

"So who's house should we work in?" Nico asked the important question.

"Mines," I volunteered wearily. "It has to be mine."

"Oh," Milo nodded, understanding dawning on his face. "Yep. Well good luck James."

"Right, let me tell my brothers, so you guys don't die."

Me: Can you pick me up from school today

Kieran: Sorry, I'm really busy today

Kieran: Why don't you ask Romero or Elijah

Kieran: Also why

Me: Because I got assigned a group project

Me: And I'm the only girl in the group

Kieran: WHAT

Me: yes, I am the only girl. It's me and three boys

Kieran: Fuck, I wish I could pick you up

Kieran: Just tell Romero, he'll pick you up for sure

Me: Okay, thanks

I didn't even know if Romero would respond to me or not. It was worth a try. Besides if he didn't, or Elijah didn't, it wouldn't be my fault.

Me: Hey, can you pick me up

Romero: Why

Me: I'm in a group full of boys for my history project

Romero: When I come, make sure they're at least five feet away from you

That was fast.

"Right, so just meet me in front of the statue. Stay five feet away. James, you stay six feet away from me. Okay?"

"Alright babe." James winked, leaning on his chair, attempting to flex his muscles.

"Don't worry. That's just how his personality is." Milo rolled his eyes.

The bell soon rang, ending the period.

Irene bounced up to me. "Hey, who's in your group?"

"James, Milo and Nico." I stuffed my notebook in my bag.