𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟎.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯After Smiley's unwelcoming visit to Ivy's home, warning her of the pursuit by the police, Ivy's nerves were shattered like shards of glass

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯
After Smiley's unwelcoming visit to Ivy's home, warning her of the pursuit by the police, Ivy's nerves were shattered like shards of glass. She had not only assisted in disposing of lifeless bodies into the river, but she had also erased every trace of the task, fueling the infernal flames of her predicament. Though held captive, Ivy had hoped for solace, but deep within, she knew her fate was simply impossible.

If she were to ever let down her guard and reveal the truth to the police, she understood that it would mark the ultimate downfall of both her life, and her family's. If the families of other victims ended up dead without justice and Smiley was imprisoned, it would be quite the coincidence if Ivy would be the one to end this terrible cycle of the Chicago people.

From Twitter to Instagram and Snapchat, Ivy had quickly become the talk of the town for weeks. Being an incredibly popular fashion designer was both a blessing and a curse in her eyes. Normally, she wasn't one to let mean comments on social media affect her, but this time it was starting to bother her, and it was also impacting her business's reputation.

She had to come up with a plan to put an end to all of this.

"Rae, why are you acting as if you hadn't eaten in weeks?" Ivy groaned, cringing at the sound of Raegon voraciously chomping on her burger, which they had gotten on route to Ivy's warehouse. It had been weeks since Ivy last laid eyes on Raegon, as Raegon was consumed by managing her own bustling hair salon while Ivy was entangled in the chaos that she had yet to disclose to her own bestfriend.

For her own safety.

"Because it does feels like I haven't eaten in ages. Every time I turn my head, someone's scheduling me for extra small, knee-length knotless. I need another profession, Ivy," Raegon grumbled, before taking an even larger bite of her sandwich, partly to provoke Ivy even more than she already was.

Ivy chuckled and shook her head at Raegon, keeping her eyes fixated on the road. "Forget about me, why have you been avoiding me? Is there a special woman in your life that you're keeping secret from me?" Raegon inquired, her voice tinged with a hint of offense at the notion of Ivy hiding something from her.

"No," Ivy swiftly responded, glancing at Raegon out of the corner of her eye. Her thoughts drifted back to Smiley, but she weren't someone special who had entered her life. Smiley was more of a complete menace, posing a serious threat to Ivy's well-being.

It's not like she was dating a serial killer.

Raegon narrowed her eyes at her best friend, quickly wiping her hands on the napkin before tossing the empty burger wrapper into the bag. "I don't believe you, but whatever. So, when are we-" Raegon began, but her words trailed off as she caught sight of the line of police cars and ambulances parked along the side of the street toward Ivy's warehouse.

"What the fuck is going on," Ivy's words escaped her lips in a hushed tone as they turned onto the street where her warehouse stood. The blaring sirens of more police cars and ambulances only reached her right ear, aided by her hearing aid device.