𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟖.

Author's Pov After leaving the City of Lights, Ivy and Armani discovered their feelings for each other had blossomed unexpectedly

Author's Pov
After leaving the City of Lights, Ivy and Armani discovered their feelings for each other had blossomed unexpectedly. Fate had a hand in this, a twist they hadn't anticipated, yet neither voiced any regret.
In the walls of Armani's thoughts, this moment was the basically confirmation that actually Ivy belonged to her, truly and irrevocably. Even though Armani had felt a sense of ownership over Ivy's heart before, this felt like the definitive seal; the perfect cherry on top.

Ivy could tell that there was more to Armani than met the eye, even though Armani seemed guarded. Armani's eyes may have seemed dull and tired, but Ivy could sense the pain behind them. It might seem strange to others, but Ivy was willing to listen and understand. She wanted to know the reasons behind Armani's actions and provide comfort, even if there weren't any clear explanations. Ivy just wanted to be there for Armani.

After the ball, Ivy felt inspired to give her team a well-earned break. She sent out an email, announcing a month-long vacation for everyone. They could spend time with their kids, other family members, or just enjoy some quiet time to themselves. The best part was they'd still be getting their regular paychecks. Ivy knew they all worked hard designing and sewing clothes and deserved some time off. She also realized she needed a break herself, and she wanted to focus on getting to know Armani better.

Ivy kept a firm grip around Armani's waist, not wanting to let go, as they both observed the arrival of two sleek black trucks in the empty space. Just off the jet after a grueling two days in Paris, they were eager to return to the comfort of their own homes. Looking up into Armani's weary eyes, Ivy frowned, "Are you coming back home with me?" she asked, their arms remained tightly wrapped around each other as they stood outside, impatiently waiting to leave.

"I should probably head home. It's getting late, and I need to take my medicine before bed," Armani said, her tone growing softer when she mentioned her medication. Ivy arched an eyebrow, easing her hold on Armani's waist to get a better look at her. She hadn't known that Armani took meds, realizing there was still a lot she didn't know about her. But she was optimistic that things would start to change soon.

"Medicine? You're on medication?" Ivy inquired, her tone laced with curiosity rather than judgment. She gently pushed back the hood of Armani's sweater, which seemed to be swallowing her up, as she sought to catch a better glimpse of her Armani's expression.

"I haven't taken them in a long time because they make me feel weird and numb. I'll start taking them more so I can be more normal for you. Isn't that a good thing?"Armani asked. Ivy immediately shook her head, giving Armani a scrutinizing look as if she had gone off the deep end. Sure, Ivy wanted Armani to grow and develop, but she believed it was better to feel emotions and express them rather than suppress everything just for the sake of one person. If Armani were going to take medication, Ivy wanted her to take them for herself.

Ivy didn't care for normal.

"You don't have to take that for me. I'll be fine without you on whatever it is."