- 𝟑 -

"I think I'm losing my mind," Danny said as he spilt all of his problems to the school psychologist.

"Aren't we all, darling? But do tell me, what's wrong?" the psychologist asked while fixing her glasses.

That question could be portrayed as completely unnecessary, considering the behaviour she showed in his classes. His odd behaviour had disturbed the professors (mind you, Jack was terribly creeped out after the class with him!)

"I don't know, I just have a feeling that... that my third eye is opening," he confessed with a dark chuckle, "Everything was perfectly fine until that man started to teach here. I feel like he isn't enough to replace the old professor"

While he was explaining his problems and thoughts, he was constantly looking down. But when he looked up, no psychologist was sitting in her chair. Instead, there was an oddly unlived man – all the blood was drained from his face. His eyes were empty and dull, but there was one thing that was inevitable to say – somehow, the figure of the late English professor Isaac Grady sat in front of the troubled student.

"Huh, I thought you'd never arrive... Grandpa," Danny said with a mysterious smirk.

Truly, a lot of time had passed since he had seen his grandfather. The fact that he was related to his own professor was a well-known fact in the whole school.

"Oh, forget about it. I had some difficulties with passing through the barrier," Grady said, his voice deep and unearthly rough, "That man was always the problem, I know that."

To be honest, Grady had spilt a truthful fact here – being extremely talented in English, Jack had the privilege of not putting as much effort into studying as his classmates, so he had much more time to spare and to distract them from their work.

However, it wasn't only the moments of Jack's infant shenanigans that piqued interest in the mind of Isaac Grady. – he had always felt a strong connection towards his students, just like they were connected by some kind of fate. It was always something that tickled the old professor's mind in a very interesting way.

"So, what are we gonna do with him?" Danny asked curiously.

At that question, Grady sneered and took out a notebook – completely black and covered in rusty old leather.

"For now, this will do the trick," Grady responded, putting the notebook on the desk.

The notebook was old and used, but it seemed like Danny knew what kind of notebook that was. When he took it in his hands, he opened it and turned a few pages, slightly nodding in understanding. Realising what he would need to do, Danny closed the notebook and hid it in his school bag. It was the first of many steps of the duo's grander plan.

"Using the notebook again, aren't we?" Danny asked with a smirk.

"Why would we change something that works?" Grady responded, returning the smirk.

"Of course," Danny said as he stood up. He nodded to his grandfather as a sign of greeting and turned around to leave the office.

When he did so, he was unable to see that the figure of his late grandfather got almost too quickly replaced with the one who usually resided in the atmosphere of the office – the school psychologist, who sat there as if there wasn't a once dead man sitting in that exact place.

However, the notebook that Grady gave to his grandson will soon cause Professor Jack Atkinson to arrive in the psychologist's office and to say the same sentence as Danny's.

"I think I'm losing my mind."