14 Folded

A song to listen to: Dans ma tête by Loaune

❀❀❀❀❀

Vivienne

"How the hell is this fucking box suppose to be folded", Celly murmured towards an innocent cardboard box that was sooner or later going to get stabbed by her knife. I had bought a few of them and Cel had announced she was going to help pack my stuff, but so far she had obliterated one of the boxes already in her frustration. I didn't even realise her bright pink nails could do damage like that and without breaking even one nail.

"Let me, I can fold it open", Rem sighed and went to help his cousin. It took Rem only 5 seconds to do it, which made Cel more angry. She cursed under her breath and I could form the words "fucking nerd", which Rem ignored and went back to sort out my kitchen cabinets.

Most of my clothes were in bags as Connie was sorting them by colour for some reason. There wasn't much to pack after all. I didn't own anything else than fabrics and sewing materials. My kitchen stuff took only two boxes. My books fit in one. I hadn't had time to really clutter my apartment during the months I had been here and now I was moving out already.

I wasn't sure how the crazy trio - as I was told they were called - got into helping me. Cel didn't let me be in peace, as she was dead serious about forming friendship, which made Remi jealous and Connie tagged along. They bothered me during my night shifts. Gossiping about people I didn't know and wanting me to try out different shapes on the surface of coffee cups. When I once mentioned my troubles to find a new apartment, Rem came in the next night with 3 good options that met my requirements. In the end, I had an apartment and three new friends in the city I was moving to. It was all exciting and terrifying at the same moment.

A phone rang on the kitchen table. Connie had moved to deep clean my bathroom, Cel had taken the trash out and Remi was cleaning the cabinets as I tried to organise things in some logic. I wasn't sure I would find anything only by colour in the new apartment.

"Can you pass me the phone?" Rem asked from the stepstool, which in my opinion he didn't really need for reaching the upper cabinets with his height, and dropped the cleaning cloth on the counter to straighten his hand towards me. I got up from the floor, fixing my denim skirt. The phone didn't have a name written in the letters I would recognize. It looked more like a character from an Asian language. I handed the phone to Remi, who immediately answered.

"What now, brother?" he said and my breath stopped for a moment. Zero was a subject we didn't talk much about. They mentioned him once in a while, but I didn't. I haven't talked to him for almost a month, as July had turned into August.

The first week after everything I messaged to work that I wouldn't be able to come. I simply cried at home. I almost called Zara, but I couldn't form the words. She did realise something wasn't right from my text messages, but as I didn't budge, she let me be. For now. Then, when I returned to work, he was there waiting for me in the morning as always. I completely ignored him and he didn't say anything to me when I turned my back to him. The next week he was gone. Returned to their home city according to the crazy trio. It made my heart drop. I missed him. Every stupid time I went to sleep, I missed him too much. I had spent as many weeks in his bed than I had now been out of it. It didn't make sense to miss it. Everything was a big mess and I felt disappointed that he had left. No apologies. No excuses. He left me alone and it felt even worse. I was a fool.

He had imprinted on me and it had taken only around 20 times sleeping at his bed. Handful of times he had joined me and had a nap while cuddling me. I could still remember the last time, during the same week he had used me. How I had woken up and his hands were again around me, burning my skin.