[F] A life I Had Before - PART 1

[Day 0 is completely optional, but if you do read it the lore is for way later chapters, and I mean it.]

DAY 0 - The News

. . .

Sound of footsteps echoed throught the empty hall.

? ? ?: SIR! We got information about the most recent in the compartment. The footage has been recovered by a unknown person.

Zov: And you just let it pass without further verification? We were just in the middle of a reunion.

? ? ?: I know nobody should talk about what happened, but it's urgent.

Zov: Go back before I change my mind, I'll take the package.

? ? ?: Heya Zov, don't tell me the rookie that just passed by was trying to get a promotion by delivering such useless package? I'd rather die than talk to such inferior things.

? ? ?: We still need to know what happened in there.

Zov: Kel, you are wrong. Why worry about things that aren't about our importance? Xavier you are always the coldest one in here, and Damon. I have noticed you weren't talking so much, need more drinks?

"Damon": Put the tape.

Xavier: Don't order us around. You know we have the same power.

Kel inserted the tape.

A loud static noise filled the room

. . .

"A underground facility, with the finest technologies of the world, has no signs of communication after a certain incident has happened in there. Subject V, deemed the most valuable being in the world, has vanished. Many will find this recording disturbing, the following footage has been provided."

Aaron: I've come to announce that today is a big day for humanity. As you know, we are finalizing the project. All of you, thank for the support on all of these months, I never thought we'd get this far.

"The ambient was filled with exciment and happiness, unbeknownst to them that disaster was about to soon strike."

Pedro: Oh, you have finally arrived! That's right, I'm talking to YOU. If you didn't already saw my badge close to my neck, I'm Pedro! Your supervisor in this place.

Ben: Sorry, I thought I arrived in the wrong compartment. My job is to check in the subject while in the testing phase, right?

Pedro: That's right! We in Scientia take our jobs really seriously. But before we get to testing, what about a quick introduction in here? We could also go straight up to today's objective if you'd like.

Ben: I will pass in the introduction, everybody looks like they want to just do it already.

The recording came to a halt.

Zov: SEE?! I told you all that it was a mere allusion! All of them are fine.

"Damon": Patience.

Kel: Damon, you've been acting pretty weird lately. Is something wrong? What happened in Scientia, if you don't mind talking about it?

. . .

"Everyone was awaiting for a response by Damon. But Zov? He got so angry by the fact that it looked like he was constatly being mocked on, the past made him remember his sorrows."

Zov: If you don't respond, then I'll just get you fired.

Xavier: What is your point? No one hurt you or something.