Chapter 17: Unexpected Turn of Events

Underworld

Hades, having resumed his duties, scowled at the commotion caused by the souls in the Underworld. He irritably kneaded his forehead, unwilling to tolerate any disturbance.

"What is it now?" He shouted, rising from his seat to assert authority over his subjects. The Underworld became quiet upon sensing their king's irritation. Hades sat again on his throne to resume his duty.

However, before he could properly return to his work, the souls started a commotion once again. They started screaming, and some started to run around, making the whole underworld completely a mess.

'A new Death has arrived!'

A soul cried.

'I don't want to die again! Help! Help!'

'Die again? Ugh, I just wanted to reincarnate again and be a rich woman in my next life'

The other one lamented.

'HAHAHAHA, after Hades, will Zeus die next?'

Hades frowned even deeper upon hearing the disturbance from the souls. Once again, he stood up from his seat, his voice booming with authority. The commotion sounded serious, and he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

"What is this commotion?!" His voice echoed throughout the Underworld.

He had halted his work just to investigate the Nymph's record, and now the souls were causing chaos in the Underworld. Hades would not tolerate this behavior and would take immediate action to restore order.

'There's an intruder, My Lord.'

A soul finally gave him the answer.

'One that can kill gods'

"That's impossible..." Hades mumbled in a low tone.

Hades was about to leave his throne to investigate the situation, but he stopped when he saw Cerberus, his three-headed dog running towards him. In differ from its usual intimidating self, the three-headed dog ran as if it was running for its life.

"Cerberus!" Hades called his dog.

Cerberus quickly ran towards its master. As soon as he reached Jades, it let out a whimper. Hades sighed and patted its head.

"Guard the throne, I'll take care of this commotion," Hades mumbled as he walked down from his throne. There was a hint of anger in his serious face.

The Underworld felt the anger of its lord when Hades shook the Underworld with his power. A vast suffocating aura surrounded his territory, pinning down the souls who were panicking.

They knew that something ominous was about to happen.

Despite Hades' warning, the cause of this commotion didn't halt to announce their arrival in the Underworld.

"Hephaestus," Hades mumbled when he saw the silhouette of Hera's son. His eyes darted at the ominous weapon in Hephaestus' hand.

No wonder Cerberus ran away...

No wonder the souls were panicking...

A mysterious smile appeared on Hades' lips.

The God of craftsmanship was carrying a weapon that could kill gods.

"You must be brave to cause all of this commotion."

••••••••••••••••

"First Time?" Dionysus asked Thanatos who was now tied up with him.