Chapter 1 - Y/n Meets CatNap

Location: Home Sweet Home

No POV

After the meeting with the co-workers that revealed the next toy that will be the new mascot and caretaker for Playcare as we see Y/n sitting at the corner by himself while the other kids are playing around before one of the Playcare workers came by to introduce the kids to the new caretaker.

Female Co-worker: Alright kids. I got some big news to tell you. As you all know, we have a new caretaker to watch over you kids. I want you all to meet, CatNap. Come on in, CatNap and introduce yourself to the kids.

Then the kids saw a big purple leg appear in the doorway as the kids gasp in fear, while other stood in awe before another leg showed up, then finally they saw the gaping mouth of a purple cat with the white pupils swimming in the darkness that is also the cat's eye sockets. The cat also has a crescent moon charm dangling around his neck, and it did a jingling sound when he entered the room.

Kids are amazed by the sight of CatNap as the purple cat looked at the children before he set his eyes on Y/n, who is sitting by himself in the corner as he is paying more attention to Y/n rather than the other children.

Y/n then looked at CatNap and was surprised to see CatNap looking at him as he felt a bit uneasy with the cat looking at Y/n with his long, purple cat tail swinging slowly around in the air like a snake in the grass.

The female co-worker took notice of this and finds it interesting to see CatNap taking a liking to Y/n as she continues her announcing to the children.

Female Co-Worker: Now CatNap will work as an additional caretaker at day but will have a crucial role at night, where he will watch you sleep at night and take care of you. So, I hope all of you and CatNap will become great friends.

So, as soon as the female co-worker left the room, the kids soon started interacting with CatNap until he sets his eyes on Y/n and CatNap is determined to make him happy not matter what.

Eventually, the kids soon started playing in the Playroom while Y/n still sat in the corner before CatNap walked up to him.

Y/n: (Looks up) Oh? Uh...hey CatNap? How are you, buddy?

CatNap didn't say anything as he walked a bit closer to Y/n before sitting in front of him, looking down upon him with his tail wagging happily to see Y/n.

Y/n: Um...do you have something to say or-

He was soon cut off before he was pulled into CatNap's chest as he began to purr happily while using his tail to pet Y/n's head. Y/n began to blush in embarrassment from CatNap's sudden affection towards him.

He then smelled the fresh scent of lavender, and he was surprised on how soft and fluffy CatNap's chest is as Y/n didn't hesitate to hug CatNap, which made the purple feline purr louder.

The kids were surprised to see CatNap Interacting with Y/n, which made them a little jealous of Y/n, but they soon saw the glare from CatNap that made the kids feel a bit uneasy if they tried to harm Y/n like how they did to him before Theodore stood up for him.

What's even worse for them is that CatNap will report the kids to the other co-workers that will get them in really big trouble.

Y/n: Wow. You're so soft CatNap and your lavender scent smells nice too. Although it is making me a bit sleepy and all, but do you want me to rub your tummy, CatNap?

CatNap didn't think twice and immediately laid down on the floor for Y/n to give him tummy rubs as Y/n slowly rubbed his tummy, causing CatNap to make cute and funny sounding meows and mewls while purring, which made the kids laugh at how CatNap is acting, not in a mean way but more of a funny ha ha way as the kids wanted to rub his belly as well. However, CatNap looked at the children for a moment in a menacing glare that old the kids that if they even try to hurt Y/n, he will have no choice, but to report it to the co-workers that will send them into time-out.