Chapter 1 of The Hunt: A Werewolf Story

In a remote area west of Tucson, Arizona, a mean criminal biker gang known as the Manglers roars down an unpaved road, their engines drown out the quiet desert breeze. Against a backdrop of saguaro cacti and prickly pear, they approach a rundown building that serves as their haunt.

The building, a weather-beaten structure of wood and corrugated metal, stands defiantly against the harsh desert elements. A faded sign above the entrance proclaims it as "The Howling Coyote Saloon," though the paint is peeling and the letters are barely legible.

As they dismount their bikes, whooping and hollering, the sound of "Honky Tonk Woman" by the Rolling Stones echoes from within the bar. Inside, the scene is empty except for the greasy bartender, Smiley, wiping down the counter, and a knock-out, drop-dead gorgeous woman shooting pool with effortless precision. Exotic animal trophies are mounted on the walls throughout.

The woman's auburn hair cascades over her shoulders, her deep blue eyes betray a hint of mystery. She wears a white semi-sheer dress that is thinly strapped at the shoulders, and barely covers her, exuding an air of confidence and sensuality.

Unfazed by the entrance of the Manglers, she continues her game, seemingly aloof to their presence. Meanwhile, Smiley behind the bar, cast wary glances at the bikers as they swagger in, their presence filling the air with tension and anticipation.

As she rounds the table with her long legs, clad in high heels, she clears the table of all its balls except one. The eight ball. At the head of the gang stands Clyde Yanker, their leader, his imposing figure commanding attention as he surveys the scene with a calculating gaze.

She sinks the eight ball into the side pocket, and Clyde steps closer to the table, their eyes lock, and he remarks, "Well, look who wandered into our little den of wolves. Ain't you a pretty sight to behold?"

She replies in a husky voice with an almost European accent that is difficult to place, "Well, aren't you a charmer? You must be the welcoming committee."

Clyde leans in on the table, grinning. The bikers behind him are whooping and hollering, and mimicking the woman. Finally, Clyde say's, "I'm supposed to meet a woman here named Natasha. Are you Natasha?"

"Yes, I am Natasha. And you must be Clyde?" she responds, feeling her fangs growing in her mouth and desperately trying to maintain bodily control.

Clyde: "Did you bring the money?"

Natasha: "Yes, I did." She glances over to a briefcase on a chair in the corner behind her.

Natasha: "And did you bring the rattlesnake venom?"

Clyde: "Yes, I brought the venom." He shoots a look over at the bar to Smiley.

Smiley: Nods and produces a briefcase.

Murray, a big, heavy-set biker on Clyde's left, retrieves the briefcase and brings it to Clyde.

Natasha: Opens her briefcase to reveal stacks of cash. "Here's the money."

Clyde: Opens his briefcase to reveal vials of rattlesnake venom. "And here's the venom."

Both Natasha and Clyde exchange a knowing glance as they inspect the contents of their respective cases.