Chapter 5 Part 17: The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

I grabbed the items from the counter, stuffing them back inside of the bag. I raced over to the closet, pressing on the wall panel. After it opened, I immediately stuffed everything inside. I took a deep breath, closing it back up again. I got up from the floor, walking over to the door.

I paused for a moment. Should I get my scarf and gloves. I thought about it for a long moment. No, I'm okay. I don't need to hide my mistakes. I walked through the door, starting to head down the hallway. As I continued down, I watched as a line of people were going towards the elevator.

Imamura led the way, looking absolutely pissed. Followed by Otani, and then Suagi dragging Arima along. And finally, Kawata, who kept his hat tilted in front of his eyes and his head down. We'll probably have to take the elevator on this floor. Or, at least that's what I'm assuming. I picked up the pace, making sure I could come up behind the pack. And then, when they reached it, Imamura turned back. Her face got extra angry, as she took her wheelchair and headed straight for me.

"YOU!!!" She screamed, pointing a finger at me. "WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT LAPTOP!? WHERE THE HELL DID YOU PUT IT!?" I rolled my eyes, reluctantly lifting my arms up as if I was being arrested haphazardly.

"I don't have it." I blurted out. She slammed her fist into the arm rest of the wheelchair.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING GIVE ME THAT HORSE SHIT!!! YOU WERE THE LAST PERSON I WAS WITH WHEN I HAD IT!!! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU PUT IT!?" She yelled. I groaned angrily. This was just getting really tiring.

"Listen, I don't-" I started.

"Oo! Oo! Can you guys get into a battle this time!? We haven't had a fight in a while!" Sugai called out, egging us on. Arima innocently stared from the side, his wrist still being held tight by Sugai. Though, he did seem like he didn't want any part of this. That seemed to knock a bit of sense into Imamura. She took a deep breath, and glared directly into my eyes.

"I hope the killer so you can fucking die for the lies you told us about Hirano. At least then you can repay your sins by going to hell..." she muttered, turning her wheelchair around. I groaned slightly, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"I'll tell your little boyfriend you said hi." I replied. She stopped in place. That comment seemed to upset her. What part of it, I'm not sure. I could either see it as embarrassment or blind rage. Either way, she chose not to pursue it, opting to continue to the elevator. She hit the button, immediately entering as the door opened. Otani and Kawata followed simultaneously afterwards, not hesitating for another moment. Arima stared at me silently for a moment, before being dragged into the elevator. I sighed, following them inside. As soon as the doors closed, I felt a horrible feeling run over my body.

I nearly shivered from the aura that had just enveloped the inside of the elevator. I paused, glancing around me. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, staring daggers into my skin. I tightened my fist, forcing my eyes to stare forward. But it wasn't that easy to ignore a million people staring at you like you're next up on the chopping block.

Okay, maybe I understand Morita's fear a little bit more. I strengthened my resolve, continuing to ignore the sinking feeling in my chest. I knew people would believe I was the killer but... it feels like there's not going to be any way to persuade everyone otherwise. I felt like I was going to puke. I took a dry gulp, calming myself down. Even if everyone believes I'm the killer now, that still gives me the option to convince everyone I'm not. Even if it seems hopeless. I am not fucking dying.

We all stepped out of the elevator, looking around the trial room. It was a dark red color, and the walls were covered in different weapons. There were coffins handing from the ceiling, and everything seemed to be stained with blood. I glared around. Wait, what the fuck?