ch2 ˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗ friends

amber was really not in a happy mood right now.
She hadn't realized just how little sleep she had gotten this morning, and she was starting to feel like she was going to be miserable today. Her sleep had been filled with nightmares, and she had felt like she had gotten basically nothing from it.she'd wake up every hour or so and check y/n was still there and cuddle into her before drifting off again.

It didn't help that she had had to wake up earlier than normal for school either. She had been tired, and she hadn't been in the best mood but it was slightly better as she had gotten ready with her girlfriend.y/n knew amber was in this mood , she looked over at her girlfriend as she was getting ready and registered the look on her face. she just knew like that. y/n was good , she knew every single movement , face, action that amber has done was for whatever specific reason. it's like amber was y/ns personal research.

you got up and stood behind amber , slowly wrapping your arms around her stomach and caressing her to let her know you was there and it was going to be okay. you were smaller than amber (don't think that's possible but yk xo) so you layed your head against her back while she done her make up in the mirror . she appreciated this gesture just like she appreciates any touch from you. she loves how you know her and exactly what she needs.

amber was the same , she would know exactly what you needed or what u we're thinking or wanting just by a single look. you two got eachother on a different level and it was honestly the sweetest thing.

"come on grumpy , we're gonna have a good day and your gonna be happy" y/n attempts to cheer her girl up but she's met with a mumble of some words she couldn't make out.

*time skip to when you got to school cuz i'm lazy *

Amber walked alongside her girlfriend, they hadn't really talked much on the way to school.
she still wasn't really in the best mood, and she had refused to talk about anything. It wasn't very fair of her, but y/n knew that this is one of ambers moods and she knows that she just needed some quiet so she complied .

They had made their way to school together, and now were approaching the school doors with a crowd of other students. They all looked like they were still half-asleep, and it brought a grin to her face to know that she wasn't the only one having a miserable morning.y/n rolled her eyes at her girlfriends antics , only amber would smile at other people's misery.

y/n's pov:

Amber and I were trudging our way through the crowd of sleepy students, everyone heading in early in order to be ready before first period. Even though we were walking together, we hadn't really talked much but it was fine because she held my hand as we walked and i knew this was her way of being here.

That being said, everytime someone would get to close to me , she would wrap and arm around my waist acting as a personal bodyguard in attempt to protect me from the zombie-like kids not looking where they're going. It kept everything in a somewhat equal and normal state.

I sighed in relief as my feet hit the pavement after walking through the crowded hallways. we had made my way over to our best friends, who seemed to be gathered by our usual spot.

As usual, we occupied the benches under the tree. We were also close to the cafeteria, so we could get our snacks and shit before school started. It was a pretty nice spot for most of us, it was just the place we were expected to be everyday.
I stood by the bench, looking down at the table where our bags were all at. amber took a seat on the top of the bench and pulled me between her legs. Everything was the same as it always was , just the way we liked .

Amber's face was still slightly grumpy looking, but she didn't seem to be in as bad of a mood as earlier. She was starting to perk up more, but she was still very tired-looking. I noticed that she was still checking her phone from time to time.

"What were you doing?" I asked softly, so our friends couldn't really hear us.
She shrugged, looking up and around before speaking. "I was reading something on my phone." She smiled slightly.
My eyebrows raised a little bit. she leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the forehead. we now decided to focus on the group and what they were talking about.

"no i'm serious guys! taser? check! pepper spray? check!-
"girlfriend repellent ? check! " amber cut him off mocking him . i lightly slapped her arm telling her off , which i usually had to do. she laughed at me and rolled her eyes. the group laughed at the whole thing before focusing on liv and chad to just walked over hand in hand.

i was kind of zoned out at this point, focusing on a car i saw pull up in the distance , i couldn't put my finger on it but it looked familiar . too familiar...
i got snapped out of my thoughts by hearing ambers voice saying "is this because you two aren't having sex yet?" i looked up to see her sticking her tongue out and usually i'd scold her for it but again i was focused on the car ...

"not like your getting any! " chad argues
"oh yeah? wanna bet-" amber tries but i slap her leg telling her no
"guys you really shouldn't be having sex while they're a masked killer around!" wes joins in
"oh boo hoo wes don't be such a crybaby just because your not getting any" amber fired back
"amber! he's just trying to help " i defend wes because i know his intentions are good and my girlfriend is just grumpy .

they all start chatting again while i focus on that car door opening . i see a figure get out , back to me , i stare confused , but stay still as i see the figure turn around.

"oh shit..."