two. drowning in frills

𝑴iss Whimsicality ᯓ★
𝑪hapter 𝑻wo. Drowning In Frills

 Drowning In Frills

➽───────────────❥

𝑻he delicately dainty estate placed on the outskirts of town trembled and quivered with the belle of life at the butt crack of dawn. The fairytale born couple's love inside lingered and brought joy & jubilation to all ; minus the crude yet-to-be-married not so ladylike lady, who whined and wailed notes of annoyance as soon as the smallest speck of light crept through the shudders of her window.

Or when her duvet is so rudely ripped off by her eccentrically adorable sister-in-law.

"Clementine!" A dear dollie voice sung Clem back into reality , almost gifting her a fresh breath of life instead of keeping the looming feeling of exhaustion haunting her .

At the foot of her extravagantly beige four poster bed , stood a woman which resembled Mother nature herself , dripping with tranquility with no conflict in sight : Euphemia 'Effie' Vanderbel.

As Clem's eyes were adapting to the preposterous sunshine blinding her , she began to scan the guest room & all the intricate embellishments which appeared absolutely ridiculous to her mind . Or perhaps it was the fact that Mr and Mrs Vanderbel never found a need to own a guest room due to the fact every right-minded person detested them .

"Effie! What in God's name are you doing in my room at this hour." Clementine copied her sister in law's chirpy singing manner , yet on this ocassion it was drizzled with sarcasm that Effie was unable to detect.

"Oh do not be ridiculous Clem ! It is almost evening ," Effie clutched her pearls as she guffawed. "Darling your belongings arrived in the night however they were drenched from the God awful storm." The lady adorned from head to toe in pink perched on the foot of her bed informed sympathetically.

"All of my gowns were repulsive , my lousy mother never had taste anway." Clem chuckled under her breath, still battling to fight conciousness instead of drifting away and wasting the day .

"Not to be impolite-" The prim woman spoke, obviously paranoid that her discourteous words somehow would be reported back to the mama with an iron fist.

"Oh no Effie, be impolite."

"I musn't Clem, or unfortunately I will not stop," Euphemia restrained her opinionated words from escaping , keeping her seraphic personality serene instead of escalating into something she would regret . "Now, I believe you are in desperate need for some angelically beauteous new gowns !" The cherubin sang once again, tugging Clem from beneath the pearled quilts.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑

"So, Clem you must inform me at this instance on how you wish for your dresses to be. Anything is possible , nothing is too far fetched as long as you go to Madame Delacroix." Euphemia rambles , fighting back a large beam as soon as the topic of dresses enters the conversation . However the grin escaped and brought a radiance to the tiny carriage , which soon also infected Clem. She couldn't help it ! Effie had a jolly effect on others that shan't be stopped .

"I can most definitely see you rocking a rouge frock at the upcoming season's opening ball." It wasn't a secret to anyone that Effie loved, cherished and adored the colour pink , many may insult her as a madwoman for the addiction but it was one of the reasons Phineas was so hopelessly devoted to his dear Effie ( & Clem enjoyed seeing her brother so smitten. )

"Mrs Vanderbel !" A voice twangled , laced with the most sublime French accent Clem's ears were ever met with: Madame Delacroix ! A merry Effie latched opon the exquisite carriage on her own accord, immediately ascending down onto the cobbled street with no fear .

"Oh please call me Effie !" Soaring away from formalities called for a mellow embrace instead of a stern handshake between the two ladies . Short on her tail, Clem trailed behind Effie awaiting to be introduced however she did not expect a pair of massive smooches to be imprinted onto her cheeks from Madame Delacroix.

Many onlookers judged the three lassies to be out of their mind insane for abrupting such a disturbance . "You must be Clem ," Delacroix spoke with contentment. "All my costumers speak of your name and it is only Monday, however I believe we should give them something proper to talk about instead of immoral gossip." 

author's note
euphemia is my absolute bae, she's just so adorable what the heck!? also two chapters in one day.. i'm having a field day woahhh