4.

"Rider approaching." The announcement had Kabir's heart race. It had been 36 hours since they had surrounded the kingdom gates.

"Escort the rider, respectfully." He said to his army general.

"I think it's time." Veer said looking at Kabir.

"It's time." He repeated absentminded. Everything was on the line, things could go as he had planned on or this all was for nothing and the chances of him getting back his kingdom slimmed further.

He got on his steed and turned to look at Veer.

"Gather everyone in my tent." He said to his cousin rode to the front of the camp where the ride from Awadh was surrounded by his own men.

"Let him dismount." Kabir said and the men took a few steps back allowing the Awadhi soldier to get down from him horse.

"Srinagar ke Raja ko Maharaj Aditya Raj Suryavanshi ka pranam." The man said. "The king welcomes you and your officials inside the walls of his kingdom, if peace is the intention." He said.

"May I know who holds this conversation with me on behalf of the king ?" Kabir said looking at the man.

"I am Krishna Dev." The man said introducing himself. "Servant of the kingdom."

The rider wore a thick heavy plated armour, he stood tall and proud, his features chiseled like the gods of old. His dark eyes held a fierce determination, while his tanned skin bore the marks of countless battles.

"Alright Krishna Dev, I come with no intention other than that of talking to the King. Peace of course is our common goal."

"Maharaj Aditya Raj Suryavanshi believes that you should take abode at the palace, no King should sleep on a stack of straws on his land he says."

"I would be happy to accept his invite. I hope the king wouldn't mind allocating a room for my Prime Minister as well, war zones don't suit him, he is after all an old man ."

"Of course, there is enough room for you and your guests at our palace." Krishna Dev replied with a nod. "I'll wait for you right here till you are ready to depart."

Kabir nodded and turned his horse retracing his steps toward the tent where his trusted inner council awaited.

He dismounted as soon as his horse stopped and almost dashed into the canvas tent.

"What did the rider say." Pasha Khan asked, of all the people Kabir knew he trusted his prime minister the most,
for he and Kabir had the same goal in life, to go back home.

"The king has asked for me to take shelter in his palace, he wants to speak." Kabir informed.

"Don't mind me Amir but, how are you sure this isn't a trap. With you inside those walls without any of us .." Tajdar Lahori a mercenary Kabir has met during his first conquest of capturing Srinagar, who had come to become loyal to Kabir had raised his concern.

"I'm not sure about their intentions Taj, but this is a risk I'm willing to take." Kabir replied. "The rider who was sent isn't  just a messenger, he holds authority and has some decision making power. He was here to see through me and offer a deal."

"We shall accompany you inside Kabir." Veer said his eyebrows furrowed.

"I need you more on the outside. Taj to take care and direct the army if need be and Veer for you to negotiate. Pasha Khan and I shall head inside and try out our luck." Kabir instructed.

"I'll pray to Bhavani that you succeed in your plan."

"I shall too." Kabir smiled at his cousin.
"Pasha Khan ask your servants to load your trunks, we are moving inside the palace walls."