Chapter 3

They were returning back from college,

In the car,

She saw him taking a different route.

Aditi : Veer, aren't we going home?

Her voice held a hint of confusion as she glanced at him, her brows furrowed in question.

Veer : We are going to the office.

Veer replied, keeping his eyes focused on the road ahead.

Aditi : Why?

She persisted, unable to shake off the unease that gripped her.

Veer : I have some important work to attend to. I promise it'll only take half an hour, and then we can head back home.

He reassured her, his tone gentle yet firm.

Reluctantly, Aditi nodded, her mind swirling with unanswered questions as they finally pulled up in front of a towering office building.

The guards stationed at the entrance snapped to attention, their formal salutes breaking the tense silence that had settled between Aditi and Veer.

As they stepped out of the car, Aditi felt a wave of insecurity wash over her. She clung to Veer's arm, seeking comfort in his familiar presence as they made their way into the impressive lobby.

The hushed whispers and curious glances from the employees did little to ease Aditi's apprehension.

Veer : Aditi, relax.

Veer whispered, sensing her unease.

Veer : Come, let me introduce you.

With a deep breath, she followed him as he strode through the office, heads turning in their wake.

The tension in the air was palpable as Veer cleared his throat, gathering everyone's attention.

Veer : Listen, everyone.

His voice boomed across the room, commanding respect.

Veer : Meet my beautiful wife, Aditi.

A collective gasp rippled through the room as the employees stared in disbelief.

They had never expected their enigmatic boss to suddenly reveal his marital status. Some of the women looked at Aditi with admiration, while others couldn't hide the jealousy that simmered beneath the surface.

Veer : I know this may come as a surprise, but tomorrow we are hosting a reception party, and all of you are invited.

Veer announced, a warm smile gracing his face as he looked around the room.

The tension dissipated, replaced by smiles and nods of approval. Veer took Aditi's hand and led her through the office, the whispers of the employees fading into the background.

Veer : Let's go, Aditi.

Veer said softly, his eyes meeting hers with reassurance.

They entered his lavish corner office, the walls adorned with awards and accolades. Veer walked towards a discreet corner and pressed a hidden button, causing a sleek private elevator to hum to life.

Aditi's eyes widened in surprise as they stepped inside, the doors closing behind them with a soft thud.

Veer pressed the button for the 40th floor, the elevator smoothly gliding upwards as Aditi stole a glance at her husband.

The man she thought she knew so well had kept secrets hidden beneath his composed exterior, and as they ascended to the unknown floor above, Aditi couldn't help but wonder what other surprises awaited her in this new chapter of her life.

As the elevator ascended, Aditi's breath caught at the breathtaking view of the city spreading out beneath them. Veer watched her reaction with a smile, pleased to see her awe at the panoramic sight.

Stepping out onto the 40th floor, Aditi saw Veer's nameplate, "Veer Rajvansh," adorning the door of his opulent corner office. She followed him inside, her eyes widening at the grandeur of the space that far surpassed her room at her father's house.

Veer : Liked it?

He asked, a hint of pride in his voice.

Aditi : Loved it.

Aditi breathed, taking in the luxurious decor and the sweeping view from the expansive windows.

Veer reached for a stack of papers on his desk and handed them to her, a serious expression on his face.

Aditi's confusion deepened as she examined the documents in her hands.

Aditi : What are these papers?

she asked, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Veer : Property papers

He replied, his tone grave.

Aditi's heart skipped a beat as she tried to process his words.

Aditi : Which property?

she inquired, her voice barely a whisper.

Veer : Your grandfather had left a significant amount of property for you. However, after his passing, your father unjustly took everything in his name. These are the real property papers. Sign them, and you will reclaim what is rightfully yours, receiving your grandfather's blessings in the process.

He explained, his eyes holding hers with unwavering support.

Tears welled up in Aditi's eyes as the weight of his words settled upon her.

Aditi : Thank you, Veer.

she managed to say, her voice choked with emotion.

Veer : Come on, Aditi. Sign them. It's your birthright

Veer urged gently, his gaze unwavering.

With trembling hands, Aditi picked up a pen and signed the papers, feeling a sense of liberation washing over her as she reclaimed her legacy.

Aditi : I don't know how to....

Veer : don't say anything, just relish the moment.

She smiled.