Chapter 4

Veer and Aditi return home,

Aditi's eyes sparkled with excitement as she narrated to Veer's dadi, who sat by the fireplace, the latest chapter in her life's journey.

"dadi, you won't believe it! I got into medical college!"

Aditi beamed, her voice ringing with joy.

dadi, listened intently, her eyes crinkling with a smile that spoke volumes of pride and happiness for her beloved granddaughter-in-law.

With animated gestures, Aditi shared the tale of her first visit to Veer's office,

She recounted how Veer had stood by her side, helping her navigate the legal complexities to regain her late grandfather's cherished property.

Veer, watching the two most important women in his life laugh and share stories, felt a warmth in his heart that radiated through his whole being.

As the evening sun bathed the room in a golden glow, dadi suddenly turned serious.

"Accha, Aditi beta, you must go to your father's house for the pagphera ritual,"

she said gently, breaking the jovial atmosphere. Aditi's smile faltered, a shadow passing over her face.

Aditi's father was not a man, but a monster in human form. Memories of his cruelty and abuse haunted her, casting a dark cloud over her happiness. Veer, ever observant of Aditi's emotions, sensed her fear and anger rising like a storm.

"Dadi, is it really necessary for Aditi to go there? I can't bear to see her face that monster,"

Veer's voice was tinged with protectiveness and anger.

"I understand your concern, Veer beta, but the rituals must be honored,"

dadi replied, her voice holding a mixture of understanding and sorrow.

Before Veer could protest further, Aditi spoke up, her voice surprisingly steady.

"It's okay, dadi. We'll go,"

she said, her eyes meeting Veer's in silent reassurance. Veer felt a surge of gratitude and admiration for the strength and resilience of his wife.

Veer's sigh was heavy with both relief and worry.

"Thank you, beta, and I'm sorry for putting you through this,"

dadi said, her eyes reflecting a deep sense of remorse.

"It's okay, dadi,"

Aditi whispered, her hand reaching out to grasp dadi's wrinkled fingers in a gesture of comfort and solidarity.

Upon retiring to their room,

Veer spoke softly to Aditi, offering to shield her from the impending visit if she wished.

"Aditi if you don't want to go there tell me I'll handle dadi"

"Veer, I respect the rituals, and I want everything in our marriage to be complete. Besides, I want to see my mother,"

Aditi replied, her voice unwavering despite the underlying fear.

Veer, admiring Aditi's fortitude, assured her,

"Don't worry, Aditi. This will be the last time you have to endure that place. Tomorrow, your father's world will crumble, his arrogance stripped bare as his recklessness leads to ruin. His house will be auctioned, and he will face the consequences of his actions."

Veer's smirk held a hint of satisfaction at the impending downfall of Aditi's tyrannical father.

Though Aditi harbored no sympathy for her monster of a father, her thoughts drifted to her mother, trapped in the clutches of an abusive marriage. Veer, attuned to her emotions, offered reassurance,