|| Chapter 18: Kiss me not ||

HOLY SHI-

(Y/N) turned her head to meet Alastor's smiling face. His hand rested calmly on her waist as if it were a normal routine for the two. A red blush dusted her face immediately. She stumbled on her words as her mouth parted open.

Alastor chuckled, pulling the book down and examining it. "I see you're returning to studying. That's admirable, Sunshine." He whispered, leaning forward so his words could tickle her ears. He was enjoying her reaction. How speechless she was when she usually always had something to say. It was, dare he say, adorable.

He didn't attempt to move, and she was frozen in her spot. He grew curious and decided to finally move. Only it wasn't what (Y/N) hoped. Alastor hummed, placing the book in her hands so he could wrap both arms around her waist, pulling her back against his chest. "You seem tense," he whispered.

Screaming. She was screaming inside.

"Um... yeah." She finally gasped out, her grip on the book deathly tight. Her eyes zoned in on the floor. Her mind was racing with thoughts she knew could never come true. Her stomach was doing flips.

He hummed, his smile growing impossibly wider. He rested his chin on her shoulder, and her body tensed up again. It was amusing how easily she seemed to falter from the mask she wore, he enjoyed holding this kind of power over her.

The two sat in silence for a moment before (Y/N) cleared her throat. Alastor sat up. His grip loosened just enough for her to turn around. "So... Uh, why are you here?" she asked, trying to calm her racing heart.

"I can't pay you a visit, dear?" he asked, shifting his hands, one moving to grab her chin and the other pinning her against the bookshelf. Her eyes widened.

He was making this impossible!

"N-no... you can, but I didn't remember telling you I'd be here." She stuttered. Her gaze shifted from his eyes to his lips very briefly.

"I know you like this place." He said, tilting her chin up some more. He watched with amusement as her eyes glanced down to his lips. It was intriguing how the simplest of touches could gain these reactions. He leaned forward; a simple taste, he told himself. He wanted to know how she'd react, how she could taste; after all, this was top-notch entertainment for him. Sure, he wasn't one for these displays, but he wouldn't ignore it if it worked in his favor.

Time seemed freeze for her the closer his face got to hers.

It was happening. It was happening.

"Oh, my goodness! Is that the Alastor!" Mrs. Abel shouted, holding a fresh tray of cupcakes decorated to match his usual red theme. Alastor pulled away, his polite smile still on his face as he turned to address the older woman.

"But of course! You must have heard of me through my radio show." He said, his arms wrapped behind his back as usual. He was walking towards the woman and leaving behind a stunned (Y/N). She stood against the bookshelf still, her eyes wide and her lips slightly parted.

"Oh, you are about as handsome as your voice." Mrs. Abel said, a dorky smile finding its way on her face. As she held out the tray of sweets, Alastor glanced at them. "I'm Mrs. Abel!" She added on, introducing herself officially to him.

"Mrs. Abel... are these for me?" He asked, taking the tray from her hands.

"Yes. Oh, Miss Abyss wouldn't stop praising you."

"Is that so?" He said, glancing behind him. (Y/N) finally moved away from the shelf and joined the two. She frowned, holding her book close to her chest.