The Math Tutor

On February of 2029, The Bordoloi family moved from Golaghat, Assam to Berhampur, Odisha. Mr. Bordoloi has been transferred, henceforth, the whole family had to move with him.

It was definitely difficult for them to leave behind relatives and friends and succumb to a new world. The place was different, the people were different, everything felt anxiously good and terrifying.

Nihu was going to enter 10th grade this year, everyone had scared the life out of this poor child, especially Ms. Biswas.

Nihu was terrible at mathematics, as Ms. Biswas was concerned about her academic performance to such an extent that she would bang her head on a wall sometimes and yelp out loud "হে ভগৱান, এই মূর্খকে কিছু বুদ্ধিমত্তা দিব।"/ hey Bhagavan ae murkhak kishu buddhimatta diva!/ Oh god, please give this dumb head some brains.

Nihu wasn't dumb, she just did not have the right books till 9th grade, and by that I mean to say (Or write), she did not posses a NCERT math book. Believe it or not, her school made the students of Nur-IX use Ratna Sagar reference book for mathematics.

While it is not a bad book at all, it just didn't really settle with quite a few students, Nihu was one of them. The questions of the book were so complicated that the students started looking at simple questions in the most puzzled way possible, which made it almost impossible for them to solve versatile questions.

But do parents always understand their kids, despite wanting the best for them? Not necessarily. The same happened with Ms. Biswas. While Ms. Biswas wasn't wrong in her point of view(even though unnecessary classes/resources could destroy one's academic life), Nihu didn't like the decision. She thought she'd give it a try as her mother has put a lot of efforts into arranging a tutor for her. (Poor child)