The First Session

Ms. Biswas has hired a personal tutor for Nihu named Satyajit Sahoo.

 Biswas has hired a personal tutor for Nihu named Satyajit Sahoo

He is an engineering student. He is very popular among Ms. Biswas's kitty friend group. Today is Nihu's first day with Satyajit sir. She isn't willing to be with him, but it won't hurt to just give him a try, right?

"What's your name?", he asked arrogantly. "Niharika", said Nihu. With that Satyajit started teaching her algebra. Nihu got all the sums right, Satyajit was impressed.

This first class left Satyajit wondering, why does nihu even need him? When she is so good at math, but he thought to take some more time to understand, what exactly is going on. Why isn't she scoring well despite being good at it? Questions remained unanswered.

Nihu was not at all enthusiastic about him/class. Even though Ms. Biswas had told her about, how much of genius he is, Nihu only viewed him as an average student who is just good at mathematics. No difference at all. Yet, she didn't complain about him, in order to keep her mother happy and satisfied. Poor child.

After class, nihu was hungry, and of course Ms. Biswas knows her child too damn well, so she offered her some rice crackers to munch on.

While Nihu was munching on the crackers, Ms. Biswas asked, "How are you getting along with your new tutor? Was the class fun ?" "He's just fine, the class was fine too" said Nihu, uninterested. "Fine? That's all you've got to say?"  Nihu didn't answer.

"Maa, why does this house feel so familiar, like I have been here before? Do you feel the same way?" asked nihu curiously.

Ms. Biswas gulped anxiously, "No dear, I don't think so" she said with a nervous laugh.
"Are you okay, maa?" Asked Nihu being concerned. "Yeah I am all good" said Ms. Biswas. "Then why are you nervous?" Said Nihu. "No I am no-" as Ms. Biswas was speaking, the door bell rang, Who could it be?