CH: 21

a/n: a lot of you didn’t get notified yesterday so just a heads-up to check out if you’ve read the last chp since this is its continuation.

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊✧

Aditi barely recovered from the kiss when Ishan blurted out, “Slap me.”

“W-What?”

Ishan darted his eyes around before repeating in a whisper, “Come on, just slap me.”

“Why–”

Please, Aditi.”

She, still in a daze, nodded slowly upon hearing the desperation in his voice. With a mixture of confusion and hesitation, her hand slowly moved forward and then landed on Ishan's cheek.

Ishan could hear a few gasps around them, but his eyes lingered on the water bottle in Aditi's bag. “Now, grab that and splash it on me,” he said, pointing.

“What happened, Ish–”

Please,” he mumbled, his eyes wide with urgency.

Aditi’s heart clenched as she shakily grabbed her water bottle. Her eyes locked with his as she twisted open the cap. Ishan shot her a weak smile, staying still as everyone pulled out their phones to record the scene.

Oh.

Aditi hesitated for a moment, her grip tightening around the bottle. She remembered something she had read: "In love, you are selfless." With that thought, she finally emptied the bottle over his head.

Louder gasps followed and the clicks intensified as people watched water drip down Ishan’s hair, soaking his clothes.

“Leave me,” Ishan whispered.

Aditi knew he meant for her to leave him just for the moment, but she felt tears brimming in her eyes. “Yeah,” she managed a small smile. “I will. Or you might never really find love.”

Ishan's heart ached as he watched her smile, but he resisted the urge to follow her. He allowed people to record him, giving them the gossip that should keep them talking for at least a week.

As long as Shubman’s secret was safe.

Ishan got used to the stares and whispers by the end of the day. He even flipped off a few people for good measure.

“Heard you got dumped, Kishan?”

Ishan sighed inwardly as he recognized the owner of the voice. He turned with a bright smile. “Heard your girlfriend fucked the football team, Rohan?”

Rohan clenched his jaw, his lips curving with anger. "You think you're funny."

Ishan just shrugged. “I would love to stay and chat, but you know, one of us has to win matches.”

Rohan’s fists clenched by his sides as he inched closer to Ishan. “You’re asking for it today, bitch,” he threatened, or at least tried to.

Ishan barely spared an eye-roll when he got shoved against the wall. He could end this before it began with an uppercut, but he would rather not get suspended few months before graduation. Instead, he smirked at Rohan.

“Still mad you couldn't even make it to the state?” he teased.

Rohan snarled, his face contorted with rage as he lunged forward, though he punched the wall instead in frustration. Ishan didn't bat an eye.

"Must be sad to be so pent-up. Maybe ask your girlfriend?” Ishan taunted mockingly. “Oops, too bad she's busy in the streets.”

“Fuck it, you're dead today,” Rohan hissed, his knuckles white as he grabbed Ishan's shirt and reeled him in. His fist collided with Ishan's jaw, the impact sending Ishan staggering backward. He could taste blood in his mouth for a second.