Chapter 4 : Agent of Death

Chapter 4
AGENT OF DEATH

...

“G-Get away from me!”
The young soldier was trembling, his sentences broken and every part of his body launching every neuron, trying to force itself to move, to run away from the predator’s devouring glare as the agent went nearer, step by step.

The agent knew he was scared out of his mind, even with the mask covering his expression. 

“Just give me answers and maybe I'll let you live, you get me?”

“M-My leg first! It hurts!”

He screamed in pain.

“Sure, Right.”

Snafu starts bandaging the Infected's leg for a bit, holding the wound together a little.

“Where’s your squad leader?”

“You k-killed him!”

He screamed, staring at the disfigured corpse covered in bloodied rock behind Snafu.

“Ah, forgot I asked that. How many of you were deployed here?”

“Why would I tell yo-”

The Infected yelped in pain as Snafu “accidentally” pulled his bandages a bit too hard.

“My bad.”

“Y-You!”

He stared at Snafu with terror in his eyes.

“M-Most of Reunion are currently in this operation! Talulah herself and her lieutenants are here!”

Snafu's face turned sour, judging from the info he gathered from the newspaper earlier, the Reunion was a massive organization that had the size of an entire army.

“Any high ranking commanders near us right now?”

“Uhh, I-I think CrownSlayer and Mephisto were supposed to be designated here!”

Snafu raised his brow.

““CrownSlayer? Mephisto? Am I fighting against sunday morning kids cartoon villains?””

Snafu thought upon hearing the ridiculously villainous names.

“Yeah? So how big are their forces and where?”

“U-Umm, lieutenant CrownSlayer is an expert infiltrator with concealment arts who usually moves with a smaller count of soldiers, I-I don't know where she is!”

“Okay? Continue.”

“Meanwhile M-Mephisto is more of a commander leading his own army and has an elite, Faust, who's an expert in marksmanship!”

“How big are his forces?”

“I-I'm a part of the many advance forces he sent to stall Rhodes Island, as for the main force, uhh.”

The kid fell in thought.

“Where are they?”

“T-They should be-”

The white mask paused for a bit.

“Right!” 

He said ecstatically, as if a light bulb was lit over his head.

Suddenly the kid’s composure changed.

“They should be what?”

Snafu asked again seriously, noticing the white mask’s unexpected development.