Cɦɑpteɾ 47

♫ I've been broken, yeah, I know how it feels
To be open and then find out your love isn't real ♫

Natalie Beaufoy POV

I had been with this man for a year and a half, and he was killing me more than the pain I was feeling in my thigh. I mean, I don't know how much time has gone by, but he is starting to worry me more than

"You are pregnant, they are worried the stress might cause a miscarriage, and your body wouldn't be able to handle it due to all the blood you've lost. They were going to perform a termination to ensure you would remain stable," his words shocked me.

I was completely and utterly speechless.

"I don't know how far along you are, they only talked to Anthoine and I think he doesn't know much. I am somewhat relieved because I think you are the only one who should make the decision but I will support you no matter what," he keeps talking and I just nod as a sign of understanding his words.

"I'm not doing shit. I want to do an ultrasound and see if everything is alright, no one is terminating anything," I say calmly and he seems taken aback.

"Mon amour, you can die. This isn't as simple as that," he is scared. I know he is. But I'm not. I know my body, I know my limits.

"Charles, mon amour. First things first, I am going to make sure our unborn baby is alright. Then, I am going to remain in this hospital bed until I am healthy enough to go home. I will take a few weeks to recover from the blood loss, and then I can go back to work, or maybe I won't. I will remain stress-free, and I will carry no weight. I am not terminating this pregnancy unless something is wrong with the baby itself. Do you agree with me?" I say it slowly and he nods slowly once I finish.

"Your body, your choice," he says as he smiles at me.

"I thought you were unhappy I woke up, you barely reacted since you entered the room. Is it because you didn't want to have more kids?" I now wonder if this baby would end everything we've built along the way.

"I want more kids with you. I just didn't know if you were okay. Lucas was inconsolable for the last hour, and I didn't know what would happen when you knew of the baby. I can't live without you. You know that right?" He asks me. He gently hugs me, and I hug him back.

"I can't live without you. I still don't know how the accident happened. Some truck was going normal, and then it suddenly started coming into my lane, hit the front of the car, and I tried to stop it from hitting the wall by our side. How is this possible?" I am confused and he shrugs.

"The rumor is that the truck driver was a bit alcoholized and overworked. He was working above the allowed driving time, and he was arrested on the spot. It could've been worse, but next time, let the car hit the wall, and you save your wrist," he advises me, and I nod.

"I should've known better. I think the police will call you or come by sooner or later. The car was in your name, but I am the one hospitalized, so I don't know which one they will approach first. I am just glad Lucas is okay, I just kept thinking about the worst-case scenario," I confess and he kisses my forehead.

"Lay down for a bit and rest. I'm going outside to warn everyone that you are up. They knew you were somewhat stable, but they didn't know the details. Anthoine and Lucas will be here at any minute, and I will come back quickly, too," he says as he caresses my cheek, and I nod.

"Go ahead, tell them to get some rest, and they will be allowed to get in tomorrow. I need to sleep a bit, I feel tired, probably from the medication," I say as he nods, kissing me gently before leaving.

My dad and son quickly entered the room, and I stayed with Lucas on the hospital bed; it was pretty big, but I guess Charles' money is good in such moments. I ended up falling asleep before Charles came back. I only woke up the next day, and Lucas was peacefully sleeping in my arms.

Am I being selfish? Does he even want a sibling? He never mentioned having a brother or sister. Would he deal well with that? It's a big change to go from being an only child to having a baby brother or sister. Charles slept on a separate bed that wasn't there when I fell asleep. He was obviously tired, but I could only think about how much I loved these two.

How would it feel to have a baby inserted in our dynamic? I don't have problems carrying this baby. I don't think the stress will cause a miscarriage, and if it does, I think I would survive it. The doctors didn't expect me to wake up for a few days, and here I am. I guess I am stubborn in life-and-death situations, too.

"Good morning," Lucas whispers as he starts stretching, and I smile.

"Good morning, baby," I say with a smile, and he seemed curious.

"What were you thinking of? You seem undecided," he is way too smart for my own good.

"I was thinking on what I almost lost and about how much I love you," I say as I started kissing his face and he giggles.

"Is that all?" He tried to prey for information, but I nodded.

"What is your biggest dream ever?" I ask curiously. I needed to give him that before a possible baby comes along.

"To have a big family," and his answers dissolved all my doubts.

"You want siblings? You never talked about it," I feel my eyes getting wet but I fight the urge to let the tears fall down.

"I do but that's adult talk. I am a kid and you told me to be a kid. Work on that whenever you want mom, no pressure," he says calmly and I kiss the top of his head.

"Time to get your dad to bring us breakfast," I tell him and he nods as he stomps out of the bed to wake up his father,