CHAPTER II

Viktor arrived on the scene of his motel room to find it trashed. The bed was flipped, papers were everywhere, every cupboard and drawer was open. It looked like a tornado hit his room, Viktor clenched his fists and punched holes into the wall out of anger, He stopped and realized he should be searching for the envelope he received earlier.

As he entered the cluttered room, his eyes darted around, scanning for the envelope. He rummaged through the chaos, his hands sifting through papers and objects, but it remained hidden. With a frustrated sigh, he turned his attention to the bedside tables, pulling open drawers in a desperate attempt to uncover its hiding place. Disappointment filled his heart as he found nothing. Determined, he walked towards the bathroom, his steps echoing against the tiled floor. Every crack and crevice was meticulously examined, yet the envelope remained stubbornly out of reach. He slowly walked out the bathroom progressing towards the small storage area on the left side of the room, he still didn't find the envelope. Viktor checked under the flipped mattress and he found the envelope, crumpled up and creased. He took a chair on the floor, sat down and said to himself sitting with the envelope in his hand:

"Whoever did this really wanted something from me and it must be related to this envelope that I'm holding!"

Viktor gently smoothed out the envelope and paper, his fingers tracing the faint ink. He moved to the kitchen, the scent of stale cooking oil hanging in the air. Switching on the stove, he watched the pot heat up, anticipation building up in his chest. Carefully, he pressed the pot against the paper, the heat revealing the hidden message.

"If you want to know what happened to you, meet me at the Human Protection Agency. M"

The words hung in the air, begging him to uncover the truth. Viktor was confused to why he should go to the Human Protection Agency, He was sure he didn't need any protection as he can take care of himself. He start pacing around his messy room wondering what really happened to him and how he got the bite on his neck. Leaving his room in a mess, Viktor stopped a taxi and instructed the driver to take him to the agency. Along the way, he wondered about the identity of the mysterious sender and their connection to him. Upon arriving at the front gate, he stepped out of the taxi and approached it, only to be confronted by two seven foot tall muscular guards, their weapons pointed to him.

"Intruder!, step away from the premises or we will shoot!," they warned in a synchronized tone.

"I am not an intruder," Viktor protested. "I received a letter from the agency instructing me to come here. I have proof."

Viktor's hands trembled like he was freezing as he fumbled to take out the crumpled paper from his pocket. His heart ran a marathon in his chest, each beat echoing in his ears. With a shaky breath, he thrusts the paper towards the guards, his fingers practically pleading as they pointed with urgency to the agency logo branded on the envelope.

The guards' eyes narrowed, their brows coming together in silent deliberation as they scanned the emblem. A brief, tense moment passed before they exchanged a nod, their expressions softening imperceptibly. With a click, they retracted their weapons, the tension in the air dissipating like morning mist. Relief flooded Viktor's senses like a warm hug, his shoulders dropped with the weight of the burden lifted. He released a sigh of relief, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. Without looking back, he walked purposefully towards the reception desk, each step a testament to his determination to fulfill his mission.