F O U R T Y - F I V E

Author's Note: This Chapter is dedicated to my beloved cat Wacky...Your family...especially your brother Whiskey will miss you beyond words. May your little adventurous soul rest in peace baby. I promise to never forget you or your little vampire teeth. Until we meet again little brother.

Love Always, 

Your sister. 

NOVA 

"Where are we?" I asked as I leaned over Atlas in the backseat of Phoenix's luxury SUV to look at the grand estate in front of us "And who's following behind us?". 

Phoenix glanced back at me, one hand on the wheel as he drove up the winding path leading towards the estate. 

"The Butcher Twins" he said "And a few Royal Guards loyal to us, including Xólo." 

"And we're going...?" I trailed off. 

"The Lupine Estate" Kassian said softly, gripping my hand and rubbing his thumb against the back of my skin "The most secure Estate out of all the other estates." 

"What?" My eyes widened "We're going to the...Lupine Estate?" 

I barely wheezed out the words before an uneasy feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. 

This would be the first time I've visited anything remotely related to the Lupine family since arriving at Crescent Academy. 

And while I was scared out of my mind at the prospect of another one of those monsterous creatures out on the loose, hunting me down like the prey I was, I was more nervous at the moment about entering the leering Mansion in front of me. 

"How is it more secure than the others?" I swallowed roughly "Wouldn't this be the first place that someone would look for us?" 

Atlas shook his head while Phoenix parked the car "No one would ever think to look here." 

"Why not?" I asked as I followed them out of the car.

"Because this place hasn't been touched in nineteen years." A familiar voice said from behind me. 

I turned to find Nico and Teo leaning against their car, an awed look on his face as he drifted towards his brother's side. 

"How do you know it hasn't been touched in nineteen years?" I asked, clearly looking at the manicured lawns in suspicion "It looks like it's been maintained quite well." 

"It should look that way" Nico said, coming to stop in front of me "It's been purposely preserved by magik." 

Atlas whistled low as Phoenix sucked in a sharp breath "How in the hell did you manage that?"