I Tried

#03 : Short Story

Sitting in the back while looking at the guy that I love, I saw the way he smiled while talking to his friends. And something came into my head: I'm his girl, but he doesn't show his smile in front of me. If we have quality time, he just uses his phone all the time. Then, one day after my training, I chatted with him to pick me up so we could talk and have some time to be with each other. I thought he would not accept my favor, but lucky for me, he did. While we're walking, he's always looking at his phone. We almost reach our destination without talking to each other, so I speak.

"You always kept looking at your phone," I said.
"What do you want me to do?" he asked.
"Let's talk; I take this as our quality time, not as a bore walking each other like we didn't know each other," I replied.
"Sorry." After he put down his phone, he kissed me on the cheek, and I decided to let him go home.

After that scenario, everything changed; he became colder and colder and colder towards me. The things that he did to me before, he didn't show them today.

He decided to leave me to become a perfect guy. I told him that I'm here and that I'm willing to help him change and be better, but he didn't want it. As a partner, I want to be better with him; he is one of my inspirations to be more productive and better for all. I keep achieving the dreams that I want.

And now, he is the one who is suffering because he didn't trust me; he didn't let me be his inspiration to be better than himself. I tried to save the relationship that we have, but maybe we have a different path that we need to take.

And now, I'm happy to say that I'm already in a healthy relationship; hopefully he won't get tired of my attitude. I want him to be mine forever. and the past should be let go, because we need to be better, especially if you have a partner who is willing to take a risk with his life just to be with you.

Trust and be with your partner through all the lows and highs and the failures and achievements that you both have in your lives.

I tried to save the relationship that I had before, but I already know its worth. And now I need to keep this relationship that I have right now for forever and till death...