𝟬𝟭𝟵 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒂 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕?

🎱

🎱. . .CHAPTER 019 ! -----
( real life . . . )
❛ like a date? ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

Due to the recent kiss mikayla and chris shared only a couple days ago, their week is going great, perfect even. and since nate still isn't suspecting anything, only assuming that the most they've done is hold hands, they feel free to do anything they want. with maria and matt actually knowing that their relationship is fake, they've been secretly trying to get them together, for real.

it's currently thursday evening and the does are at the triplet's house, watching a horror movie together. chris and mikayla sit together on the couch, a blanket concealing their legs as her head rests on his shoulder. nate slyly glances at them as the movie continues, his jaw visibly ticking at the pda in front of him. for the last week, he's had so many questions as to why they started their fake relationship, but he's kept them to himself. however, as he's witnessing them grow closer, the questions continue to burden his mind.

mikayla finds so much comfort in chris' touch, melting at the feeling of his hand stroking her hair. she can't help but smile, the mental flashback of their kiss repeatedly playing through her mind. yet unfortunately, chris still denies that he has any feelings for her, and it's genuinely so stupid to matt–who is continuously trying to convince chris that he definitely likes her.

as the movie ends and the screen turns black, they all collectively raise from their positions as matt makes his way to the light switch. he flicks it, causing a radiant white light to engulf the living room, making the friends squint at the bright light surrounding them.

with the school days feeling longer than ever, they enjoy having little movie or dinner nights together, as well as with the rest of their friends, since the triplets and nate graduate at the end of the year. they're each other's rock, making the younger members of the friend group frown at the thought of not seeing nathan and the triplets around school everyday.

"soooo," chris drags out his words with a grin growing on his face. "it's miks' birthday on saturday, what's the plan?" he inquires and mikayla can't help but smile at his acknowledgement of something she hasn't mentioned all week. sure, it's the bare minimum since they've known each other for years, but with the guys mikayla's dated in the past, it means more than it should.

nathan throws his arm around mikayla–who's wrapped in a fluffy blanket with a smile on her face–pursing his lips. "party at our house," he announces and chris approvingly nods. he'll never turn down a party, and that's just a fact.

but that's what's so different with mikayla; she isn't really the party animal that chris is. not because she doesn't enjoy them, but it's always the same thing everytime: drunk teens, vomiting, people making out, and a large mess to clean if you're hosting it.