Chapter 53 Jiang Feng

Jie did so. "You know," she said, "you still haven't introduced yourself. I have no idea what to call you."

The man chuckled and his eyes twinkled with mirth. Jie wondered if it was genuine or if he was just that good.

"I wasn't sure someone of your status would be bothered to know my name. I am Jiang Feng. I run this branch of our esteemed auction house," he said.

"It's nice to meet you Jiang Feng," Jie said, "I hope you can help me."

Jiang Feng smiled, and again it looked utterly genuine. "I shall certainly do my best. I've been informed of your dilemma, and unfortunately, we truly do not have such powerful items. Nor are we in contact with anyone of such power. I doubt any auction houses in the realm of mortals possess such things," he said.

"The realm of mortals?" Jie said.

"Gods are things of legend. I won't pretend to know who they are, where they are, or how many of them there are, but they don't seem to spend much time with mortals. Perhaps they have cities in places no one without their strength dares to venture," Jiang Feng said. His eyes twinkled as he said that as though he suspected that Jie knew more than he did on the subject.

Jie nodded. If that's what he thought, it might serve her well.

"If you don't mind me asking, why can't your family teach you or find someone to do so? Surely, they're better equipped to do so," Jiang Feng said.

"Unfortunately, healing isn't one of our specialties. Those in my family... well, let's just say they're of the mind that if you kill anyone before they can touch you, things like defense aren't all that meaningful," she said.

Jiang Feng nodded sagely. "There is great wisdom in that," he said, "but, you wish to heal."

"Yes," Jie said, "so, you see my dilemma."

Jiang Feng's face turned more thoughtful. "There is... rumor... of a place with a powerful alchemist. No doubt he could teach you how to heal and practice alchemy as the two are so closely linked much of the time. But, I'm afraid I can't say if there's any truth to it," he said.

"This alchemist... how powerful is he said to be?" Jie said.

"They say he's an immortal. Supposedly more powerful than the Spectral Emperor himself. But, an Angel ranked cultivator could be seen as an immortal to those of lower cultivation and I doubt many have the ability to sense the true strength of such a personage. I take it such a thing is too low for your needs?" Jiang Feng said.

"Unfortunately," Jie said.

"Then, a rumor is all I can offer you," Jiang Feng said.

"Tell me about him, at least. I may look into it. Just in case," Jie said.

"I know very little, but the rumors say he presides over a city as a just and fair ruler. But he's also said to be a little bit... mad. Of course, this is all hearsay, and I have no desire to offend such an illustrious existence," Jiang Feng said.

"Don't worry, I have no plans to tell any gods that you spoke ill of them," Jie said.

Jiang Feng seemed to relax a little at that. "He's said to be gifted with alchemy. That he was once a prodigy among prodigies and stepped where none could follow. It's also said that those in his city are eternally healthy because he wills it. That healing even mortal wounds on the highest ranked cultivators takes no more than a casual gesture," he said, "If there's any truth to these rumors, I believe he would have to be a god to achieve such feats. Or, close to it at the very least."

Jie nodded and stroked her lips with the back of one knuckle. It's not much, but it might be worth checking out... she thought.

"Where is this alchemist?" Jie asked.