mountian of doom

Lightning flashed and Dr

Lightning flashed and Dr. Chase's car exploded. Thank gods I rolled out of the way just in time as shrapnel came towards us.

I grabbed Zoé's arm and pointed. The dragon Ladon slept next to a golden apple tree. It truely was a beautiful garden, but it gave off the aura of a curse, or a monster.

The mist was very thick, I could barely see the dragon as it was, and it kept shimmering in and out, even with Artemis's blessing I could barely see over 50feet in any direction.

"Zoé! Sky!" I heard Percy shout. I slapped his arm, he was right next to me.

"Quiet," I hissed. "Do you want to wake Ladon?"

"You mean we're here?"

"Very close," I said. "Follow Zoé, she knows the way."

Me and Zoé started into the mist with Thalia and Percy lagging behind.

We barely had to walk to see Ladon and the tree better, as we walked the summit of the mountain grew bigger and bigger, swirling with mist. I could swear I heard something not natural up there.

"The appels of immortality," Thalia said from behind me and zoé. "Hera's wedding gift from Zeus."

The shadows ahead of us started to swirl and an eerie singing came from that direction. I could see Zoé's face harden the slightest bit, I touched her hand lightly and gave her a small smile of support.

Percy reached for his sword but zoé put a hand up to a top him.

Four figures became clearer in the mist, nearly identical to Zoé.

"Sisters," Zoé said.

"We do not see any sister," one of the girls said. "We see two half-bloods and two hunters. All of whom shall soon die."

"You've got it wrong," Percy stepped forward. "Nobody is going to die."

The girls studied him and j kind of wanted to slap the back of his head for being a smart-ass.

"Perseus Jackson," one of them said.

"Yes," mused another. "I do not see why he is a threat."

"Who said I was a threat?"

The first of them glanced behind her at the top of the mountain. "They fear thee. They are unhappy that this one has not yet killed thee." She pointed at Thalia.

"Tempting sometimes," Thalia admitted. "But no, thanks. He's my friend."

"There are no friends here, daughter of Zeus," the girl said. "Only enemies. Go back."