taking care of you when you're sick from the rain (requested)

The sound of coughing coming from beside her awoke Taylor from her peaceful sleep.

She reached over to turn the lamp on before sitting up to look over at you.

Watching you reach for a tissue, you blew your nose for a couple of seconds before groaning miserably.

"Baby? Are you okay?"

"No." You mumbled. "Tay, I think I'm sick."

She placed her hand on your forehead and realized how warm you were.

"You're burning up." She frowned. "Let me go grab the thermometer to check your temperature. I'll be right back."

You nodded before reaching for another tissue and sneezing into it, a couple more following.

Taylor returned from the bathroom a few seconds later after grabbing the thermometer.

It was obvious that you felt completely miserable as you tried to rest your heavy eyes but couldn't because you kept coughing or sneezing.

"Let's take your temperature, baby." She spoke as she crawled back on the bed beside you.

She put the thermometer under your tongue and you hummed as she brushed her hand across your forehead and cheeks.

While you tried to rest, Taylor watched the numbers on the thermometer climb.

It began to beep a moment later and Taylor pulled it from your lips before looking at it.

"100.6. You've got a fever, baby." She said.

"I feel awful." You whined as you opened your eyes.

She let out a sad sigh.

"It's probably because we got caught in the rain last night on our way home from dinner. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, baby. I'm not upset that I'm sick, especially not if it's from that. I loved getting to go out to dinner and walking there instead of driving was refreshing."

She cracked a smile as you reached out to brush your fingers along her arm.

"Plus slow dancing and kissing in the rain with my girl is never something I could regret doing. Getting sick isn't so bad if I get to experience moments like those."

She leaned in and kissed your forehead lovingly.

"Yeah, you're right. I just hate that you feel so terrible. Do you need anything?"

"Could you cover me up? I'm cold."

She smiled softly and brought the blankets up to your shoulders to cover you up.

"Are you warm enough? Do you need more blankets or a warmer shirt?"

"No, I'm good. Although my throat is sore. Could I have some water?"

"Absolutely. I'll be right back."

She got up and went downstairs to grab you a glass of ice water and returned to your side a moment later.

"Here, darling. Take a few sips." She said and held the glass for you while you sipped on the cold water.

It soothed your throat a little and brought you some relief.

"There we go. That better?" She wondered as she pulled the glass away from your lips.

"Much." You replied and laid back down.

She tucked a lock of hair behind your ear and kissed your temple lovingly.

Your eyes felt so heavy and all you wanted was to fall asleep to her kisses and comforting touch because she's the only thing that can make you feel better.

But just as you closed your eyes, you felt an intense sneeze coming on and quickly sat up to reach for a tissue.

"Achoo,"

"Bless you!" Taylor spoke as she rubbed your shoulder.

You sneezed again and again and even though Taylor always thinks your sneezes are adorable, it was clearly bothersome for you and it broke her heart to see.

"Bless you, bless you, bless you!" She said. "My poor girl. Are you okay?"

"I think so." You sniffled and blew your nose before lying back down. "That made my throat hurt worse though."

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "Try to get some rest."

"Can you do one more thing for me so can I sleep?"

"Of course, baby. Name it, I'll do it."

"Can you cuddle me?"

Her blue eyes sparkled and she happily crawled beneath the covers with you before pulling you into her arms.

"Happily." She softly spoke and began to play with your hair. "Get some sleep. I'm right here if you need anything. I love you so much."

"I love you too, baby."