Pt.27

It was nearing the end of the fourth quarter when I had decided to begin packing up. Sadly ucla had the upper hand on this game hence no reason for getting any content of the girls loss and upset emotions.

Thankfully the girls wouldn't have to think too much about this game before their chance to redeem themselves with the next game as tonight there was a team thanksgiving dinner.

"Carol can you pass me my backpack" I say pointing to the bag next to her she quickly passes it over to me. "Thank you" "of course" she smiles back and I start to put all my equipment back in my bag.

Finally the buzzer sounds and the celebratory cheers from the other team starts to take up the whole gym. On the other hand the heavy emotions of the girls were being felt on our side. The girls all line up and start to shake hands with the other team and quickly part their ways to get as far from their opponents.

I make my way over to Paige "how ya feeling bud?" "Like shit" "it's one loss you have tomorrow to redeem yourself anyway you want water?" I ask she gives me a nod before I go grab a fresh new bottle for her.

As I make my way many reporters have already surrounded her so I go behind her and pass it discreetly. "Maddie is this yours?" Dailey asks "yeah it is thank you" "yeah they wanted to clear it already, quite the weight you have in here" she laughs "yeah the cameras take up lots of space" I laugh.

"Well careful with these I'm sure they do cost quite a bit" I nod "thank you again" I smile as I put my arms through the straps.

"To the locker rooms" Geno says raising his voice for all to hear. "Maddie can you hold this for me" Nika says passing me her sweater i quickly catch it. "How are you feeling?" I ask "eh obviously shitty but I can have redemption tomorrow it just sucks loosing you know"

"Of course no one likes loosing" I agree as we walk. "And to ucla no offense but we've never lost against ucla" she chuckles "kind words only" "trust me everyone is thinking the same thing" she says making us both laugh.

——————

"I still can't believe we lost" Paige says from the bed as I'm doing my makeup "and against ucla be so fucking for real we have never lost against them" she says making nika and me laugh. "I told you" Nika says.

"Okay well tomorrow is a new day and against Kansas so you'll have your redemption" I shrug. "Can you wear the same outfit you wore today?" She asks "I'm wearing Ice's" "mines is better just saying" she smiles.

"Wait Maddie what are you wearing?" Nika asks "probably just a little bralette and wide pants and sandals" I tell her "Paige show her it's all folded right there" "there's this black top doesn't even look like it why is it so small for? And then these cream pants, she wants to be me so bad apparently and these black sandals" she says holding each item up.

—————

"The water feels nice" Paige calls. After a long thanksgiving dinner filled with lots of talk throughout the room we had the chance to slip away from the crowd and made our way to the side of the beach.

"My pants are too loose to fold up" I say "you can hold them up" she says "cmon" she groans. I sigh and pinch up my pants making my way down to the water. "It's so warm" I laugh as the water starts to reach my feet.

"Right it feels good though" I nod "we have to find a day to go snorkeling" I tell her "that'd be sick" she says interlocking our hands together. "It feels so nice out here" I smile very content by the whole ambiance.

"Be my girlfriend" she says softly making me stop in my tracks. I look over at her feeling an excited expression take over my face. "Really?" I ask she nods and takes out a little box and hands it to me "it's a nail necklace to signify bold spirits, originality and independence so the jeweler said" she laughs.

I pause briefly before pressing my lips onto hers and pulling away "I thought you'd never ask" i say.

Paige rolls her eyes pulling us back together. "That was the most nerve wracking thing I've had to do ever" she says wiggling her whole body. "Here put it on me yes?" I say handing her back the necklace so she can clasp it to lay on my chest.

"Our ladies are engaged" I hear a very enthusiastic kk pop out of nowhere. I look around and see azzi and nika trail behind. "Not going to lie it's a little dark but I'm sure you can edit it right mads" Azzi asks making me laugh. "Of course" I smile.

"How long have you had this planned?" I ask "a while now" "she's been nervous ever since" Azzi teases. "I bet I could never go through it the fear of rejection would eat me" I laugh. "I'm on the same boat sister" Azzi and I laugh.

"But at least paigey pulled through" kk says excitedly hugging Paige. Nika links her hand through and we start walking. "How do you feel?" She asks excitedly.

"Amazing of course you know I've lowkey been waiting for the question" I giggle. "Of course ugh I'm so happy for you" she says giddily. "And Paige too she's been waiting for a good time to ask I've had to hold this in for what felt like forever" she laughs.

"No wonder she wasn't too too upset about the loss" I laugh "yeah well we assured her that she was going to get a greater win later after the game" she smiles. "Everyone knew?" I ask she smiles and nods. "Duh you know how we are" she winks.

"Okay nika she's really mine now so you can't take her from me anymore" Paige calls making us turn back around. "Mm you know damn well she's always going to be mine" Nika shrugs. "Not to be a Debby downer but can we go inside it's too hot and lowkey late" Azzi says.

We all agree and find ourselves making our way back to our rooms. "Hold on" Paige says holding my arm making me laugh at the swift move. I look up at her not trying to break eye contact but quickly break it because of the nerves starting to rise.

"You're so bad at eye contact" she laughs "I swear it is only with you, you make me so nervous" I laugh. "I know it is it's kinda funny" I playfully hit her arm "it is not" I chuckle before she pressed her lips onto mines for the last time this night.

"Goodnight" she whispers "yeah thank you for everything" I smile. "For asking you to be my girlfriend?" I laugh "shut up go to bed" I say knocking for nika to open the door.

"May you dream about me all night" she smiles opening the door to her and azzi's room. "Mmm most likely will drift off to the thought of you" I wink before nika opens the door flicking off Paige.

"She knows where home is" Nika says loudly making us laugh before closing the door for the night.