Chapter 59: The Quarreling Duo!

Ais surveyed the adventurers surrounding her.

"Did you all accept the commission as well?" She inquired.

Asfi, holding Lulune who had fallen to the ground with one hand and lightly tapping her head with the other, sighed in response.

"Yes, all thanks to this stupid dog who is greedy for quick money."

Ais's gaze shifted to Lulune, who awkwardly explained herself.

"Ais-san, since you took this commission, that means you must have met that man, right? He came to me again a few days ago, and I told him I'd had enough! But who knew..."

Lulune's eyes welled up as she continued, her voice rising in indignation.

"Who knew that jerk would threaten to report me to the Guild for falsifying my level!"

"Yeah, and this stupid dog dragged our entire Familia into this mess," Asfi added with a frown.

Following Hermes's orders, most members of Hermes Familia concealed their true levels.

If one of them were exposed, the Guild would conduct a thorough investigation, putting the entire Familia at risk.

This meant not only would they be defying their god's intention of keeping their strength hidden, but they would also face hefty fines from the Guild.

Lulune, caught in this mess, had no choice but to plead to her fellow Familia members to participate in this mission as well.

Ais listened to their explanation, her expression a mixture of surprise and amusement.

"Ugh, I didn't intend for this to happen! But I saw something I really wanted that day, and Asfi, you all refused to go to the Dungeon that day, so I had to take the commission myself!"

Lulune tried to defend herself.

"You have the nerve to say that! You could have just played dumb! If that mysterious guy reports us to the Guild, wouldn't he expose himself too?! You stupid dog!"

Asfi scolded Lulune, who hung her head in shame.

Instead of stopping Asfi, the others joined in, glaring at Lulune with disapproval.

"About the... commission," Ais interjected, trying to steer the conversation back on track.

"Sorry to let you see this," Asfi apologized, taking off her glasses and wiping them with her glove.

"Let me confirm the details of the commission. Our destination is the 24th floor, and we need to investigate the cause of the monster rampage and eliminate it if possible, right?"

"Yes."

"Since we're partners in this mission, to avoid unnecessary trouble, I'll disclose our full strength. But you have to promise not to report our true levels to the Guild."

Asfi shot another glare at Lulune, whose ears and tail drooped even lower.

"I promise." Ais nodded.

"Good. Including myself, there are fifteen of us from Hermes Familia. Most of us are Level 3, and the remaining Level 2s can barely hold their own against Level 3 with the help of props and items."

Asfi showed the qualities that a captain of a Familia should have, quickly confirming their combined strength and informing Ais of the items they brought and their team's composition.

"Now that this matter is over, let's focus on completing this commission. Especially you, Lulune. You'll be working your tail off this time," Asfi declared.