CHAPTER 13: was he following me?

As Emily, Ban, and Rach left the fast food place, they were filled with the energy of youth and the anticipation of spending more time together. Making their way to the amusement park, they chatted and laughed, enjoying each other's company.

Ban, always the adventurous one, suggested they try the roller coaster first. "Come on, guys! Let's start with something thrilling!" he exclaimed, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

Rach, ever the cautious one, rolled her eyes playfully. "You and your roller coasters, Ban. You know they always make me dizzy," she teased, nudging him gently.

Emily, caught in the middle, laughed at their banter. "Well, I'm up for it! Let's go!" she chimed in, linking arms with both Ban and Rach as they headed towards the roller coaster.

As they waited in line, Ban couldn't resist teasing Rach. "Don't worry, Rach. I'll hold your hand the entire time," he said with a mischievous grin, earning a playful shove from Rach.

Rolling her eyes, Rach retorted, "I'm not scared, Ban. I just don't want to end up with motion sickness again!"

Emily chuckled at their antics, enjoying the camaraderie between her two best friends. "Come on, you two. Let's focus on having fun!" she urged, eager to experience the thrill of the roller coaster with her friends by her side.

As they boarded the roller coaster and felt the rush of adrenaline, their laughter filled the air, creating memories that would last a lifetime.

After the exhilarating ride on the roller coaster, they decided to explore more attractions in the park. Ban suggested they try the Ferris wheel next, pointing to it with enthusiasm.

"Let's see the park from up high!" Ban exclaimed, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

Rach, always a bit more cautious, hesitated slightly. "I hope it's not too high," she said, glancing up at the towering Ferris wheel.

Emily, eager for the adventure, reassured her. "Don't worry, Rach. We'll have a great view of the whole park from up there," she said, smiling reassuringly.

As they boarded the Ferris wheel, Ban couldn't resist teasing Rach once again. "Hold on tight, Rach! You might get dizzy again," he joked, earning a playful glare from Rach.

Rolling her eyes, Rach retorted, "I'll be fine, Ban. Just don't scream like a little kid this time!"

Emily laughed at their playful banter, enjoying the lighthearted atmosphere between her friends. As the Ferris wheel slowly ascended, they marveled at the view below, pointing out different attractions and landmarks in the park.

As they reached the highest point, Ban put his arm around Rach and Emily, pulling them closer. "Isn't this amazing?" he said, his voice filled with awe.

Rach smiled, leaning into Ban's side. "Yeah, it really is," she admitted, feeling a sense of peace and contentment wash over her.

Emily gazed out at the park, feeling grateful for the moment of tranquility amidst the excitement of the rides. "I'm so glad we came here together," she said, her voice soft with emotion.

On the top of the Ferris wheel, Emily noticed a familiar silhouette in the crowd below. Though it was distant and unclear, she couldn't shake the feeling that it was watching her. "Who's that?" she wondered to herself, squinting to get a better look. But before she could focus on the figure, it disappeared into the bustling crowd. Frowning, Emily muttered to herself, "Where did he go? I could have sworn he was there, watching me."

Her thoughts were interrupted by Rach's joyful screams and Ban's laughter. "Hey Em, you okay?" Rach asked, noticing Emily's sudden concern. Emily flashed a smile and replied, "Just lost in thought. Don't worry about it."

Ban approached, slinging his arm around Emily, and turned to Rach, teasingly saying, "Looks like our Em's being dramatic again, huh Rach? Let's unveil our surprise once we're off this Ferris wheel." Rach nodded eagerly, and Emily, curious, turned to them, asking, "What surprise?" Ban and Rach exchanged knowing smiles, refusing to spill the secret.

Turning to Ban, she inquired, "So, what's the surprise, Ban?" Then, shifting her gaze to Rach, she added, "And Rach, you seem awfully excited. What's the big secret?" Rach simply grinned and hinted, "You'll love it, Em. It wouldn't be a surprise if we told you now, would it?"

Once they reached the ground, Rachel devised a plan with Ban, asking him to prepare the surprise while she distracted Emily. Ban agreed, excusing himself with a playful remark, "Guys, I'll go buy Barbapapa and come back." Emily nodded, eagerly anticipating the surprise. "Okay, Ban, but come back fast. I want to know what the surprise is," she urged. Ban assured her, "You'll know soon enough," exchanging a meaningful look with Rachel before leaving.

Left alone with Rachel, Emily couldn't contain her curiosity. "So, you won't spill it out, huh?" she teased, crossing her arms expectantly. Rachel responded with mock seriousness, "Oh, come on, Em. I said it's a surprise, and a surprise remains..." But before she could finish, Emily intervened with a playful pout, "Can you make an exception for this time, please?" Rachel couldn't resist Emily's puppy-dog eyes, pleading for information. "Em! Please! Not that face!" she exclaimed, trying to resist but ultimately failing.

Their banter was interrupted by Rachel's buzzing phone. Emily seized the opportunity to make one last attempt to coax the secret out of Rachel. "Rach," she began, her tone pleading, but Rachel, sensing the urgency of the call, gently interrupted, "Em, maybe it's important. I need to take a look, okay? I'll come back fast, don't worry." With that, Rachel moved a short distance away to attend to her phone, leaving Emily eagerly awaiting her return.

While Rachel was occupied with her phone, Emily felt a hand on her shoulder. Startled, she attempted to face the person, only to be pulled along by them despite her protests. "Who the heck are you? Let go of my hand!" Emily demanded, but her efforts were futile. As they reached a wall, the mysterious person removed their mask, revealing themselves to be Dwayne. With a playful tone, he greeted her, "Hi, little bird. Long time since we met."

Annoyed by his presence, Emily retorted, "Dwayne?! Were you following me?" She paused before adding, "Long time? It was just yesterday that we met, and can't you act normally like normal people, talking to someone in a public place?"

Dwayne, unfazed by Emily's irritation, responded with mock surprise and amusement, "Wow, Miss Emy! Speaking that way, you make me think of an old lady scolding her grandson." Emily, unimpressed, crossed her arms and demanded, "What do you want this time?"

With a playful demeanor, Dwayne informed her, "The boss wants you to come to work early today, 4 PM. She has an important meeting. Can't say more, but be on time. The boss doesn't like it when one of her employees is late." As Emily pondered Dwayne's role in the company, he handed her a card and mentioned, "You know Otrius, right? It's his number. Call him, then he will pick you up." With that, he departed, leaving Emily deep in thought