Chapter 10-

Kitty and Eric still stare at me when we get out of the elevator and I can see the curiosity in their eyes. And I'm not better, because I have so many questions right now. I can't tell what I want to ask first, though before I can do anything a woman in her mid-forties step into the room. I don't hear her coming and my eyes widen at her appearance.

Like the receptionist Courtney I just met, she wears a beautiful elegant dress. Hers is red instead of blue, matching her red lips perfectly. And even if she is double her age she looks as amazing as Courtney. Her hair have the same color as Reece and Kitty has her blue eyes. She is their mother their is no doubt about it. I can tell where they both get their good looks from.

"You must be Celia," she welcomes me with a warm smile, however it doesn't reach her eyes.

Gracefully she walks towards me and that with high heels on. She only stops when she is standing a few inches away from me.

Without waiting for any answer she goes on, "Come on, I will show you around," and puts a perfectly manicured finger on my back to tell me to follow her.

I want to to protest and tell her I have a lot of questions, but she gives me another tight smile, before she explains that we can talk about everything later on. It shuts me up for now.

The woman ushers me to the first door which opens on its own as we approach it. Reece is about to follow us, though he mother stops him. 

"Reece, you don't need to accompany us. We will meet the three of you in the meeting room." She points at Kitty and Eric as well. I don't know why she doesn't want her son around, but I don't question her or her decisions. When she speaks her voice is soft, although there is a final and strict tone behind it. Reece obliges his mothers request and only nods.

"I'm Juliette by the way," she tells when we step out of the room and leave the others behind us.

I nod in acknowledge and answer, my lips turning into a straight line. "I'm Celia, though you already seem to know this."

"Yes, I do. Reece told me about you and his assumption that you are superhuman."

"He did?" I ask surprised, watching her expression, but it doesn't falter a bit. I can't read her at all.

"Yes," she replies as a one-word and last answer about this topic.

I would never have guessed Reece talking about me with someone, especially not his mother. But I guess this is a different topic, because he talks about me being superhuman.

Soon we arrive in a different room and when I look around I see electronic equipment in every corner. There are computers, TV screens and things I can not put a name on. I don't even know what they are for and for what people use them. For a few minutes Juliette leaves me alone and let me takes a look in silence.

"This is our science and technology laboratory, where we take care of everybody in our institution and make researches. For example if somebody gets ill or hurt," she explains with a proud smile, gesturing at the different equipment.

"We will also examine you to find out more about your power," she tells me. Only if you are willing too. It don't hurts and only if you are comfortable with it."

"You are able to do that?" I asks astonished, thinking about all the possibilities and don't deny the fact that I have an extraordinary ability in the first place. Maybe they can tell me why I can't control my power and why I have them.

"Of course, we can do that. You are not the first superhuman," she laughs kindly.

"Do you want to go to the next room?"