Chapter 18

Bree’s P.O.V

“Where were you born?”

“Orlando, Florida.

“When’s your birthday?”

“May 1st.”

“What’s your favourite band?”

“Escape the Fate.”

“How old were you when you got your first piercing, and what was it?”

“I was 12, and it was my bridge.”

“Hm… interesting.”

“Kyle, I’m sick of question, can we stop now?” I whined. He had been asking me questions for about an hour now.

“Fine. But tomorrow, you answer more.” He pointed his finger sternly at me.

I saluted him, “Aye, Aye captain.” Kyle just shook his head and stood up.

“See you tomorrow then.” He waved, I waved back and he walked away.

I laid back on the grass, looking up at the sky. I like sitting on the grassy field because it gives me time to think about life, and just to relax.

I stretched and put my arms behind my head to make a sort of pillow. Once comfortable, I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds around me. I could hear some guys talking behind me, some birds chirping in a tree not to far from me, and the weirdest thing I could hear was breathing.

Wait breathing?

I quickly opened my eyes and sat up.

“What the hell Clayton? Are you like, stalking me or something?” I asked in a very pissed tone. He playing on his stomach, with his head cradled in his hands.

“I’m not stalking you. I just wanted to say hi.” He replied casually. His eyes didn’t have their usual intensity, they looked almost friendly.

“Then why didn’t you say hi? Why’d you just sit there and stare at me?”

“Well, I was about to say hi, but then you sat up. So, hi!” He said playfully. I internally growled, this boy was really starting to grind my gears.

“Why are you being so nice all of a sudden, I don’t understand.” My voice was a little harsher then I would have liked, but it was just to Clay, so it’s not a big deal.

Clay sat up right now, so we were looking eye to eye, “I just wanted to start new. We got off on the wrong foot and I want to change that.” He went to reach for my hands, but I pulled them away. He looked a little hurt, but brushed it off quickly.

“As nice as that sounds, I got to get going. I promised Jacob I would help with homework. Bye.” I made up a lie quickly, and pulled it off smoothly.

“Oh, okay then. Bye Bree.” Clayton smiled as I stood up and walked off, quickly.

***

Knock, Knock, Knock.

The door to Jacob’s room opened quickly to reveal a messy haired Hayden.

“Oh, hey Bree, what’s up?” Hayden asked casually as he opened the door further for me to come in. Jacob was sitting on the couch.

“How long have you two known Clayton?” I asked getting right to the point.

“Well I’ve been here since grade 9, so three years.” Hayden answered first

“I started halfway through last year, so Just about a year now.” Jacob answered.

“Is Clayton ever nice to anyone?” The both laughed at that question.