5687- two

"What the hell do you think you are doing you stupid whore?" Blake yells as he reaches the entrance of the kitchen. I set the piece of bacon down and cover poor Christian's ears. No seven year old should ever have to hear those disgusting words coming out of an even-more disgusting mouth. God knows where his mouth has been...

"Blake it's okay, I was the one who gave her the bacon. She looked hungry. She even refused taking it but I gave it to her anyway," Christian says as he removes my hand's from his ears smiling up at his big brother's threatening body. 

Blake towers above me even after I stand up from the stool. I look down as I watch his legs come and stand in front of me. 

"You may have given it to her, Nub, but she's a smart little wolf," Blake shouts, making me flinch at the nickname he has given Christian through the years, "She wouldn't have eaten it if she knew what was good for her," he says as he caresses my cheek, then jolting my head up to look him in the eyes. 

"Next time, do what you're supposed to do, or you'll get hurt. Badly," Blake states as he turns and leaves, heading towards the giant elevator. As he steps in, he turns once more making eye contact with me as the elevator door closes.

I sigh, walking towards the trash can and throwing what is left of the piece of bacon away. I turn back towards Christian, wrapping my arms around his small body. "I am so sorry you had to see that," I whisper quietly to him. 

"I'm the one that's sorry, Sky," Christian says, breaking out of the hug to look me in the eyes. "You ate it to make me happy, I should have known how Blake was going to act." This small boy holds so much potential and I know that one day he is truly going to change the world. He's the one human left that doesn't want to burn every werewolf he comes into contact with. His kind heart will get him far in life. 

"Okay buddy, it's time for your tutoring for the day," I say with a big smile. Christian rolls his eyes and pouts, "Do I have to; can't today be a rest day?" 

I laugh as a I pick his empty plate up off the counter and wash it in the sink, "Christian its Monday, you rested all weekend."

He sighs as he stands up from his seat, walking towards the sink to put his clean plate away. This boy will never stray to amaze me. He doesn't look at me as a slave, he looks at me as a friend. A best friend. I wish nothing but the best for his future, especially because I know I won't be here for it all. Most humans shift slaves every 5 years to give some variety in the work that is done around the house, but I have been here for 7 years now. I know it's only because Christian's father knows that Christian truly cares for me, and that I am a great nanny for him, but it will not stay this way forever. One day I will have to leave, and as much as I know it will hurt Christian it is what will need to be done. 

Christian and I walk up the many stairs to his room. He could easily take the elevator, but he knows that I cannot and he would rather walk with me than have me walk alone. Another example of how great this kid really is. 

"Today we're going to focus on some history, is there any history you would like to focus on?" I ask Christian as we reach his study room. He pulls out his desk chair and I walk to the front where the screen is, flipping through his history textbook. 

"Can we go over the War of 3020?" He says, "but, not the way it explains it in my textbook. I want to learn it from your point of view, Sky."

The War of 3020 was the war that defeated werewolves. The war that started the life that us werewolves live today. The war that took away my freedom. 

"Sure, but you can't let anyone know that we didn't use the textbook, Okay?" He nods his head, pushing in his chair and putting his chin in his hands, ready to listen to his lesson.