Chapter 7

Astina==>

Gripping the wall I managed to drag myself to my feet.

Now that all the guards were gone I could escape from right under their noses.

I limped over to the door and unlocked it.
It swung open and I turned and ran down the corridor.

I could hear a commotion in the grounds below. Peering out of a window I saw Maria weaving her way through the narrow streets and paths of the De Noir castle... In her underwear.

Well I wasn't one to judge.

I looked down to assess how far away the ground was.
Not too far. I was only on the second floor.

I swung my legs over the ledge of the window and pushed off.

I reached the ground and rolled, completely forgetting about my back.

I gave a short scream but managed to muffle it by shoving my fist in my mouth.
I felt tears prickle my eyes but I stood up and hurriedly limped on.

As I neared the market I could see Maria running towards the steep wall.
I put my fingers in my mouth and gave a deafening whistle.

I hoped it would reach who I wanted it to reach.

I turned and saw Maria reach the edge of the wall and run to catch up with her.

"Maria!" I yelled, running to her side.
I grabbed her arm and pushed her onto the top of the wall.
"When I say jump you must jump with your legs open!" I whispered to her and she nodded her head.

I turned to face the soldiers that had appeared.
Robin pushed his way to the front.
The look of confusion on his face was priceless when he saw me shielding Maria from the guns and spears.

"Princesses. What are you going to do now?" He drawled and raised an eyebrow.

I smirked.
"Well, first. Maria and I will escape from here, successfully evading all of you.
Then we will have to go back to the manor and explain to that short tempered little man why we are late, who I am and why Maria is wearing so little clothes." I gave a fake stern look at Maria, who blushed bright red.

I even heard a few men at the back chuckle.

"Afterwards, Maria will attempt to find the pearls and return them to the sea but she will be hindered by your father and sir Merryweather measuring dicks." I heard a few sniggers.

I faintly heard the sound of galloping hooves and waved over the side of the wall.

Not bothering to look I whispered to Maria.
"Legs open." Before giving her a firm shove from the wall.
She gave a shrill scream and flapped her arms about.

"Sorry gentlemen. But I've been stalling." I gave a final wave before jumping from the wall, my legs spread apart.

I felt myself abruptly stop and opened my eyes to see my beloved stag rearing his head.

Just opposite me was Maria, holding onto the mane of a silky black stallion.

The stag and the stallion were similar in size and equal in power.

I spurred my stag on, making sure the stallion was following closely behind.

The look of terror on Maria's face was quickly replaced with one of joy. She spread her arms wide as we flew through the forrest.
I knew there was no way the De Noirs would be able to catch up with us now.

In no time we reached Moonacre mansion.
I dismantled my ride before helping Maria down.

Her cheeks were still red and she still had a look of wonder and joy in her eyes.

I patted our rides and managed to fish out a few berries for them to snuffle up.
They turned around and walked back into the forrest.

I only manage to stagger a few steps before needing help from Maria.
I realised it was probably the sting of the wind that was keeping me conscious whilst we rode.

She gave the door a stiff shove and it swung open.

"Maria!" Several people shouted at once.

Everything became slightly fuzzy as I stumbled up the front steps.
I could feel the blood dripping onto the cold marble tiles.

"Sorry... I'll clear that up." I slurred, feeling incredibly dizzy.

I felt Maria's arm tighten around my waist as she hoisted me to my feet again.
All of the voices had become one huge jumble an I couldn't make out anything anyone was saying.

Deciding I was too tired, I closed my eyes and let myself go limp, wanting nothing more than to sleep for a decade.