Chapter 1

(Y/N)'s POV
You wake up with a start. You stretch and yawn. Your clock beside you says it's 4am. Great.
As you get out of bed, you head over to your near by computer and check your emails. No new cases to be solved. Sighing, you walk out of your flat and knock gently on your neighbours door as to not wake him if he is asleep but loud enough for him to hear if he's awake. You hear footsteps slowly make their way to the door and the door creaks open.
"Yay. You're awake" you say monotonously.
"Please, do come in" he replies
You step into a dark room and pull a lollipop from your trouser pocket and undo the wrapper and shove it back in your pocket. You put the lolly in your mouth and begin to suck.
"You got another one?" He says emotionlessly.
"But of course" you reply
Handing him a lolly, he turns and switches on the light and illuminates the once dark room.
His raven hair sticks up at odd angles and his dark eyes pierce through the silence. Dark bags under his eyes amplify how pale he is. He is wearing a baggy white long sleeve top and baggy blue trousers. This was all very normal.
"How can I be of assistance?" He says staring up into your (e/c) eyes.
"Company" you curtly reply
"I see" he says whilst going off into deep thought.
"This is all fun and games but, why are we both so...-" you start.
"Quiet?"
You nod.
"I'm not too sure. Maybe it's because a case hasn't come up recently so we have nothing to talk about?" He suggests.
"That could be it" you bite your thumb in thought.
"TV?"
You nod enthusiastically and sit beside him on the sofa.
"What anime today, Lawliet?" You tease
"You know I hate that name!" He shoves you jokingly "it's L or Ryuzaki, (y/n)!"
You cough angrily.
"It's M, okay?"
"Whatever you say, M"
You giggle and stare back at the TV.
"I was thinking Tokyo Ghoul..." He says, deep in thought.
"Sounds good!" You say nestling up to him and resting your head on his shoulder.
"Kaneki looks like a smol bean. I think I'm going to like him" you say
"Of course. You always get attached to the cutest ones" Ryuzaki says and then giggles.
"This lil ginger one, Hide, looks like a ray of sunshine. Can I keep him?" You ask jokingly
"That would be kidnapping"
"Not if he wants to come! I'll bribe him with music!" You stick your tongue out at Ryuzaki.
*le time skip*
You look across the room at Ryuzaki's clock and see it's already 10:34am.
"Why is he being tortured? He's too innocent! He's only half ghoul! Please stop! Noooooooo!" You whimper as Kaneki shrieks in pain at the hands of Jason.
Your phone rings and so does Ryuzaki's at the same time. You pause Tokyo Ghoul and pick up your phone.
"Hello?"
"Hello, it's me, Watari"
"How can I help, Watari?" You ask
"Come to headquarters and bring L"
"Shall do!"
You end the call and Ryuzaki does too.
"Who called?" You ask
"Mello wanted to know if I had any chocolate because he's spent all of his pocket money"
"Typical Mello"
Ryuzaki chuckles and points at you as if to ask the same question to you.
"Watari. We need to get to Headquarters right now"
A look of worry passes through his face for a split second before he picks up a lolly, unwraps it and starts to head through the door. You copy him but decide to head to your flat and get changed quickly.
You pull off your blue baggy top and pull on a (f/c) vest top and denim jeans. You ignore your shoes, as per usual, and sprint out your door. Ryuzaki's cheeks are dusted with pink as you step out. He bows his head and begins to stride out and into the streets. You follow him and he sticks out a hand and you stop. He offers a lolly and you take it without hesitation.
"Thanks Ryu" you whisper.
You both carry on walking until you are outside a small but fancy hotel. Ryuzaki opens the door for you and you nod at him as you enter. You notice your cheeks heat up slightly as you recognise his gentleman like behaviour. You can guarantee that he would never do that to anyone else.
You take the lift up to the second floor and head to room 13. The door is the only room with the do not disturb sign constantly on the door.
You knock in the special pattern that Watari gave you so he knows it's you. The door opens and you both step inside.
"I presume this is about the Kira case?" Ryuzaki says firmly to a dark room.
"Yes, sir" a familiar voice responds.
You switch on the lights and head over to where Watari is standing. You shoot him a friendly smile.
"I shall be going to the Task Force to deliver your message, sir" he continues.
"Thank you, Watari" you say politely.
Watari picks up a computer that's lying on the floor and puts in a dark cloaked long cape and exits that building.
Another computer sits on a table with two chairs in front of it. Ryuzaki sits in one of the chairs and you head over to the kitchen. You open the fridge and pull out two slices of strawberry cake.
Ryuzaki's face lights up as you make your way back to him.
As he takes the cake off of you, he squeezes your free and both of your cheeks heat up slightly. You bow your head and your (h/c) hair covers your pink face.
The computer flashes into life indicating it's time to make your message to the Task Force.
Ryuzaki types the letter L in and begins to talk into a small microphone that is attached to the computer.
"I am L" he begins to say "and I am here with M"
A few outcries could be heard like "so we don't get to see their faces?" "How are we supposed to trust them?" "They could be fakes!".
"And we are here to aid in the Kira case" he continues.
He pushes the mic over to you and you speak confidently.
"I am M and we have a plan. A plan that will need the aid of Sakura TV. We need you to get consent from Sakura TV for us to show a short clip. It will be roughly around 5 minutes long"
"Based on a theory" L says "we air this clip in the Kento region of Tokyo. If this works, we will reveal how we know this information. That is all for now"
"One final thing," you say quickly before L turns off the transmission "do we have the cooperation of the Japanese Task Force?"
Many murmurs are heard and after around 3 minutes of them talking and you and Ryuzaki eating cake, they come to a conclusion.
"You have our cooperation. Name what you need and we will help you in any way we can" a spokesman says.
Ryuzaki shuts off the transmission and beams at you. You poke his nose and take out both of your empty plates and put them in Watari's sink.
--- Chapter 1! ---
Thanks you so much for reading! The love will be coming later :3 ;)
Just a quick question, who do you like more?
Comment for

L

Light

Then I may end up with you being with L or Light or neither... We'll see... ;)
Or maybe someone else completely...
Anyway! Comment up there ^^^ for either L or Light!
- xxx