Chapter 3

The days went by quicker and I spent some of it with Daniel.  To be honest, I stayed near him whenever we were in the Common Room. I felt safer with him and he's the only person so far that I trust.

I was just minding my business when the three people I feared most. Them.

"Well well well we meet again." Cassie said. "And this time, we have you cornered. All three girls have me backed up to the wall. I really wish Daniel was here. "No friend to save you now." Cassie laughed.

"And what are three first years doing? Bullying another first year?" A male voice said. he sounded like he was older.  I looked at him. He was older.  "And what is a Slytherin like you doing here?" Cassie retorted back. "I'm not here looking for trouble... Unless you want this to be trouble. I should report you right now." The 5th year said. "You don't scare us." Cassie sassed. "Yeah." Jamie chimed in. "You said it girl." Alana said. "Oh really? You're not scared of a 5th year Slytherin who will report you and you three will get detentions." he said. That made them stop.

I sunk to the floor. "Okay. We'll go." Cassie said and her and the others left.

"Are you alright?" The 5th year asked. I said nothing. he knelt to my level.

We both heard footsteps echoing through the halls. It sounded like someone running down. "Katie! Are you alright?" It was Daniel's voice. He finally got to us. "I'm fine." I said in a very quiet voice. he helped me up and i brushed off myself.

"Thank you for standing up for my friend." Daniel said to the fifth year. "No problem. The name's Steve." The fifth year introduced himself. "I'm Daniel and this is Katie." Daniel introduced both of us.

"How long have they been bothering her?" Steve asked, being a bit curious. "I think since school started." Daniel was unsure of his answer. I nodded, confirming the answer.

Steve just nodded. "Alright. We'll just have to keep an eye on them. Now what are their names?" Daniel looked at me. I took a deep breath. "Their names are Cassie, Alana, and Jamie. Cassie is kinda the boss of the other two girls."

"I'll help you guys keep a lookout for them." I looked at Steve. Only just meeting him, he wasn't a bad person. He's a nice guy. I smiled a little. "Thank you, Steve. Come on, Katie. I think we should head back to the common room." I nodded and he helped me up to my feet and waved good bye to Steve as we started to walk.

Author's note: Yeah I know this is short but my brain decided not to help me at all... Brain, you suck.

I know about the whole Daniel Jorgensen thing and I know Steve has left. There is no way I can get rid of Jorgensen. Let me remind you people; I started to write this before the whole thing and before Steve left. Jorgensen is too important to the story and Steve I can somewhat handle. He won't be in a lot of my story. But Jorgensen is staying. All ideas are final!

On another note, I won't be able to get on when I'm at the retreat. My only down time is in the morning and late at night. I will try but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to.