Chapter 2

I was working on some questions in Charms when the door flew open. "Mr. Potter and Mr.Young, any good reasons why you are late?" Professor McGonagall asked. "We got lost trying to get here." Adam replied. There was a few giggles around me. "I hope this won't happen again." McGonagall said.

The two boys found their seats. "Do you find it weird that both of them is what every girl want?" Daniel whispered to me. I looked at him. "Don't you think about them?" I could tell it was getting awkward. I shook my head. "Oh." I went back to work, then thirty seconds later heard the scratching for the quill to the parchment paper which told me Daniel went back to work.

Lunch came around and I was doing work when all of a sudden... "JAMES SIRIUS POTTER! It's your first day of school and you've already got a detention!" My guess was it's a howler. Everyone's attention went to the Gryffendor table.

I decided to leave and head to the library to study in silence. Thankfully, there was barely anyone there. I countinued to study in silaence. It was quite peaceful. Just when I was about to finish, "Miss Shrew. A little surprised to see you here."

"Hello Professor Longbottom." I said quietly. "Too noisy in the Great Hall?" Professor Longbottom asked. "Howler made it worse." I replied. "Ah yes, James Potter received a detention for a prank. I best be going. See you soon Miss Shrew."

"See you." I replied back.

A moment after Professor Longbottom left, I packed up my stuff to head to my next class.  The day went up and down for me and homework was asigned in almost all my classes.  I wasn't worried. I always get it done early so I have time for myself.

"Cassie, we're never going to find him."  I heard trouble

"Don't worry.  By the time all seven years are done, he and I are going to be happily in love"  Cassie said.  I felt a little sick to the stomach so I decided to use it as an advantage to leave.  I got off my bed and started to head to the stairs but they stopped me when I got to them.

"And where are you going?" Cassie asked me.  I said nothing.  "Fine then.  Alana, Jamie, get her to talk."

The two girls made a step forward.  A small wimper came from my throat.  They slowly came closer and then a familiar voice from downstairs spoke.

"What's going on?"  Daniel asked in concern.  I was thankful for him.

"Nothing." Cassie said.  "Right, girls?"

"Oh, yes. Nothing at all." Alana and Jamie chimed.

"Who's up there with you?"

"N-no one." I heard Cassie stutter.

"Let her go."

Cassie look to me.  "You're lucky this time.  Next time, you won't be so lucky."  Her, Alana, and Jamie moved out of the way and let me go downstairs.  I looked at Daniel and nodded my thanks to him.

I started to head towards the fireplace when Daniel spoke up.  "If they ever bother you again, let me know."  I looked at him once more and gave a small smile.  He came over to me.  "Daniel Jorgensen." He held out his hand.  "Katie Shrew." I said quietly. I hesitated to shake his hand but eventually, I did shake it.

"Do you have any idea who they were talking about?" I asked.

"I'm guessing it has to do with one of the Gryffindors every girl has been eyeballing." He said.  I knew that already but I didn't tell him. "Well, it's almost dinner time. Come on, we can walk down together."

"Okay."  I said quietly.  We both got up and left the common room.  And that moment, I had made a friend in my own house.