18 | point

A/N

Hope everyone is doing ok in lieu of the recent earthquakes! Much love to all of you, wherever you are. Your safety is of utmost importance.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1 8

p o i n t m e

Wand behaves like a compass.

HERMIONE HAD BEEN familiarising herself with the flat. Every morning, after the four Slytherins left, she'd venture out. She'd head straight for the kitchen to make a pot of tea – wandless, of course – before she returned back to the room.

But Hermione was feeling more confident this particular morning, and after she'd made her tea, she lingered in the kitchen for awhile. The kitchen was almost immaculate, and she'd learnt from Draco sometime back that it was all Blaise's work, the only one among the four who was adept at using magic in the kitchen.

Out of curiosity, she checked the shelves and found it stocked with ingredients. The boxes of chocolate frogs caught her eye and she picked one up.

"Are you going to eat that?"

An unfamiliar feminine voice made Hermione jump and drop the box in fright. A chocolate frog immediately leapt out of the box, heading straight for the living room, but Hermione didn't even notice. She was far too busy staring in horror at the other girl standing by the counter.

"You're supposed to grab them before they jump out of the box. Where's my bloody wand?" The girl muttered, and cast a glance over her shoulder. "Who are you, by the way?"

Hermione froze.

"Seriously, you look familiar. Merlin, this thing is just out of control!" The girl lunged forward as the frog hopped out of her reach. "So have we met before? I think I – "

"Immobulus."

The frog went still. Hermione sighed in relief when she saw Theo, wand in hand as he stood by the doorway of his room.

"I thought you were leaving, Natasha," he said calmly, striding towards the girl who smiled brightly at him.

"I was, but then I met your flatmate. Who is she – "

"Her name's Hermione Granger," Theo returned flatly. He strode towards the girl quickly and held up his wand to her temple.

Her eyes widened. "Theo, what're you – "

"Sorry, Natasha, but you shouldn't have asked."

A jet of light shot out from the wand. The girl's eyes went blank, before she blinked. Theo caught her as she swayed.

"I just have to send her home," he told Hermione. "I'll be back soon."

She managed a faint smile and watched as Theo vanished with the girl. The house was silent once again. She took several deep breaths to calm herself and went over to pick up the chocolate frog.

"Don't eat that." She jumped at Theo's voice and dropped the frog. When had he returned? He grinned and went over to the shelf, handing her a new box. "Throw out the old one."

Hermione set the old frog aside and carefully opened the new box, making sure to grab the frog before it got away. She chewed slowly on the frog while studying the card in fascination, which had a portrait of an old man called Albus Dumbledore on it.